WTB: Borg S300 80/73 Turbine Shaft

Runaway_Diesel

RIPNDIP
Got a call from Will at Power Driven Diesel yesterday concerning my S369SXE turbo charger; the turbo was run dry of oil and sent back to Borg Warner to be repaired. Apparently on the SXE turbos, individual parts are not available for sale yet, so I would have to either buy a super core or a new center cartridge to repair it, causing my bill to be a hefty chunk of change. According to Borg, the turbine shaft was blued from heat and no oil, leading me to need a new turbine shaft. I am having the turbo shipped back to me so that I may inspect it myself as I work in a turbo re-manufacturing shop.

If anyone has a spare S300SXE 80mm inducer/73mm exducer turbine shaft they would be willing to sell, let me know as if I can not save the original shaft, I will be interested in purchasing it.

I hope the best of luck to you but you may as well buy a cartridge if they are offering it. If borg doesn't offer it then it is doubtful that the aftermarket does. How bad does the shaft look? A little bit of scaring can be taken out on a shaft grinder and undersized bearings used if that is the biggest issue. If it is just some blueing I would put it in v blocks and check if the shaft is warped. If all is well just polish the shaft on your polisher and run it. It isn't ideal but if money is a concern it is a viable option.

That's the thing; I haven't gotten to see the internal parts yet so I don't personally know how bad it is. If its just some blueing, I will polish it up and see if it balances out. If it is something more major like warped shaft then I guess I will have to either throw an SX shaft in that is almost the same, but the turbine fins aren't exactly the same, or have to get a new cartridge.

Back