WTF I think I'm out of air...

lnimmo77

Search never works
Ok so my setup is an 64/71/13 over an s480 with race cover. I know this is a very common setup, per my use of SEARCH. I have two questions...

First with having 105 percent Exergy injectors, should I be out of air? I can hit 1600 pretty easily on the dyno and on the open road not much grade.

Secondly, if the answer to my first question is yes, I was thinking of putting the much talked about gt55 under my 64. Only one problem. Would or work with my MPI piping? Thanks for the input guys.

Piping would likely have to be modified some.

Have you pressurized your setup and checked for boost leaks? If not I would start there.

What are you making for power?
What are your goals?
Is more air ness. or would bit less fuel by the easier route?

E.D. also has a 480 mod / different wheel that move's more air...Thought about this myself but can't afford it right now..

Piping would likely have to be modified some.

Have you pressurized your setup and checked for boost leaks? If not I would start there.

I have not pressurized it yet, I'll get that done this week sometime, it's not like I can get in the field to get anything done. Thanks for the idea

What are you making for power?
What are your goals?
Is more air ness. or would bit less fuel by the easier route?

E.D. also has a 480 mod / different wheel that move's more air...Thought about this myself but can't afford it right now..

I have made as much as 788, and she doesnt really clean up. O just feel like there is some more Ponies to be had. As for cutting back fuel, I've tossed that idea around, but I just sunk 3k at exergy on new everything I kinda want to leave it alone on principle. I figured a bigger primary wouldnt hurt drivability and would cool me Off on top load. Again, I appreciate any and all suggestions. :thankyou2:

what about drive pressure? just throwing it out there but with the 13cm housing on the secondary seems like without an external gate drive would be getting kinda high...could lead to the higher egts?

what about drive pressure? just throwing it out there but with the 13cm housing on the secondary seems like without an external gate drive would be getting kinda high...could lead to the higher egts?

Nope, the MPI kit has an external gate mounted off the hot pipe right above turndown pipe. Thanks for the thought though

Last edited:
I bet your wastegate is set wrong...

I would also look for an 88 wheel and cover for your primary.

Mine cleans up 1k no problem at 1500 egt max as long as it is tuned right and the turbo stays ahead of the fuel.

I bet your wastegate is set wrong...

I would also look for an 88 wheel and cover for your primary.

Mine cleans up 1k no problem at 1500 egt max as long as it is tuned right and the turbo stays ahead of the fuel.

Could anyone gimme a link on how to properly tune a tial wastegate? Thanks

I had the same setup on my old 06. I couldn't get the gets over 1400 no matter what I did. I was able to clean most the smoke up I was running flux 4.3s. That pair will make alot more power.

What kind of boost are you seeing? Could be letting it all go. I don't but people do run without a waste gate to get all the air they can

What kind of boost are you seeing? Could be letting it all go. I don't but people do run without a waste gate to get all the air they can

Well there is this small air line with a petcock on it that goes from the cold pipe to the waste gate. I'm not sure what that's for, I might just close it. The most boost I can get on the street is 70, dynojet, 60ish. Does that sound about right? I will call Nathan @ MPI tomorrow and see abOut adjusting the wastegate.

So from what I'm hearing, my set should be able to handle thefuel imam tossing to them? For the record they flow 2.19 lpm

Well you could close it for a rip down the road and see what differences you see...... more boost? Lower egt? Haze cleared up or not. As long as you think your studs are up to the task of holding higher than 70 psi

What's your primary making for boost?

I'll have my drive Pressure and primary boost gauges set up later this week. I know I know I shoulda had the damned things hooked up already, but I just wanted to get the Phuckin truck out of the garage.

Well you could close it for a rip down the road and see what differences you see...... more boost? Lower egt? Haze cleared up or not. As long as you think your studs are up to the task of holding higher than 70 psi

Yeah I'll find a good pull hill and see the difference between the 2

I'm gonna take a good guess that once you figure out what the primary is making you'll be making some wastegate changes. Im sure your dp is threw the roof. You need gauges to tune them. Can't just slap some turbos on and expect it to work correctly

I'm gonna take a good guess that once you figure out what the primary is making you'll be making some wastegate changes. Im sure your dp is threw the roof. You need gauges to tune them. Can't just slap some turbos on and expect it to work correctly

Agreed, but if the wastegate is kickin prematurely, would DP be down?

Back