Wtf??????

BigPSD

So i fire up my truck today. Let if idle for a min or two. Back out of my driveway and head down my street. I stop for a kid so he can cross the street. I start to go slow again, truck maybe shifts into 2nd and i kinda feel it lose power. Then the f!cking thing starts dumping white smoke out of the pipe. I come off the power then come back on it and it dumps it out for about 100ft and it stops. Now the truck runs fine. Doesnt seem like there is anything wrong. Im running a ID Tow Agg tune and have studs. Lately ive been smelling coolant, but my mech found that the thermostat was leaking.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?????:bang

Help please!

Mine is starting to do similar. I smell coolant every now and then and sometimes when idling at a stop light, I will have white smoke coming out the pipe. When i go, it comes out a little heavy then I replace that with black smoke, LOL. I don't have any puking but somtime am a half gallon low on coolant.
Thinking EGR cooler?

That sounds like the beginings of a head gasket problem to me.

If it does it again...try to stop and smell the smoke.
Smells like coolant...egr cooler
Smells like fuel...turbo or injector issues.
With the down on power part...I'd be checking out my turbo personally.

Sounds like a cracked egr cooler to me, did you have the heads checked for warping when you studded it? If not was not a smart move, all heads will warp once in its lifetime so you might have a warped head causing the HG to fail... i would start with the egr cooler first tho..

Thanks guys...ford did my studs so im pretty sure they checked for warping...I think it might be my cooler. Y would the turbo or injector pump out white smoke? Isnt white smoke coolant? Ive been running a really smokey dj tune so there is a good chance the EGR got plugged...

When a turbo lets go completly...or temporarily stops working...white smoke will pour out like crazy....don't ask me how I know. LOL

well thats good news...the more it think about it, the turbo did sound a little wierd last night...i wish i looked at the gauges when it was going on...Thanks

pop the intake off and see how well it spins and if it has some excessive endplay...and look for marke on the housing around the wheel. If the bearings are going by chance..the wheel can contact the housing.

I have no clue what the hell it was...the truck ran awesome all day...grrrrr!

what the EGr coolar got to do with coolant just wondering for myself that all never seen one fail just here about them failin from ford, i just see just egr it self 1,000 of times lol

Coolant circulates through the cooler. If the little radiator inside ruptures then you get coolant in the exhaust. Coolant pressure is lower than exhaust pressure while the motor is running, but when the motor shuts down the coolant pressure pushes back into the exhaust.

Just noticed mine started doing this as I had an electric start put in I can stand behind the truck when it first starts...White smoke til it warms up then its gone...it is not billowing out creating a cloud, just kind of misting. If the coolant level is fine and it doesn't smell like fuel everything should be all set correct?

Back