XRT Pro or Smarty?

nixon07

been hearing mixed reviews and wondering which would be the best to go with. truck has dpf and egr deleted with a cold air coming soon. id just like something that gives a little more. i do towing occasionally and range from 20ft to 25 ft hauling mostly just cars and trucks so nothing toooo heavy. apprecaite any feed back thanks

thanks im leaning toward the h&s seems everyone likes them with no problems

I like mine, BUT

I think smarty has more power level options though.

The XRT has Stock, Mild, Wild, and Hot

I've had both. Currently have smarty. What does that tell u?
I guess it really boils down to what do u want?

Option 1. H&S- bling factor, only 4 gauges at once, defuel capability for those of us that have no self contol over their right foot, serious amount of duration and smoke. Now they just added timing and dp for gauges, which i have to say is badd a$$. Higher egts due to the lack of timing added. Do also have od tuning for ur tcm.

Option 2- smarty. Cleaner power using less duration and more timing, lower egts, user end adkustibility is the big diff. I can chose from 18 base tunes and then modify my rail, turbo, timing, and torque settings on each tune. No smoke unless i want to turn it way the hell up. It is faster than h&s. Atleast on my truck.

Smarty is kind of all buisness, where h&s is more, here's some cool power, good mpg's, and a cool programmer to mount in ur truck with a safety net built into it.

It just depends on what u want to do with ur truck. I started with h&s, and switched to smarty due to the ability to black out 4 lanes of traffic. I picked up the cts monitor for all but two of my gauges, bout the same price as a blackmax. I love it.

Like i said, up tp what u want. Best thing to do is find someone local, or at an event that has both and see if they will take u for a spin.
Both are good tuners, just different.:thumbsup:

have you had any problems with your smarty at all? and also i was kind of wantin a little better mileage so what kind of mileage you think your getting with the smarty?

Every person that we have sold the smarty and exhaust to has had 2 complaints. No matter what there is a check engine light, runs fine but the light being on bugs most people, and that the hp feels the same on level 3 as it does 8 or 9. Everyone we've sold the H&S XRT to has been happy with no complaints and only good things to say. And so far we haven't seen much smoke at all out of either tuner on high levels, yes they smoke some down low but then clears up fairly well. On the medium and lower levels Neither one seems to smoke more than a slight haze. It's probably a toss up for your application, you'll more than likely be happy with the power/fuel economy of either. Just my $.02

Every person that we have sold the smarty and exhaust to has had 2 complaints. No matter what there is a check engine light, runs fine but the light being on bugs most people, and that the hp feels the same on level 3 as it does 8 or 9. Everyone we've sold the H&S XRT to has been happy with no complaints and only good things to say. And so far we haven't seen much smoke at all out of either tuner on high levels, yes they smoke some down low but then clears up fairly well. On the medium and lower levels Neither one seems to smoke more than a slight haze. It's probably a toss up for your application, you'll more than likely be happy with the power/fuel economy of either. Just my $.02

hhm. i've never heard either one of those, nor do I have any of those problems. Tell you what. If you can wait a week. I've got an event here I'm attending on the 8th and 9th. I'll video some in cab shots for you as well as show you time slips. I don't care what truck it is, there's no way H&S is gonna outrun a smarty. They have too much duration in their tunes. Doesn't matter what the mods are, unless your actually able to handle that much duration, in that case your getting custimized tunes from either company and that doesn't apply to us.

Anyway. Let me know if I can help. Like I said. I've had both, will not go back.

You know. I don't want to knock H&S. They make good products. Nor do I want to get into a pissing match. As much as I love those. The op had a questions. So just trying to answer them. I truely have never had any problems. Now I have heard of problems with guys who don't have the right mods for the tune your running. Its really hard to get into trouble with H&S tunes. Its not with smarty. You can load up a tnt and raise your timing and it wouldn't be a good day. But your not going to do that on accident. You have to intentionally do it. I love mine. Never had a lick of trouble. Take it for whatever you want. If you want video's. then let me know. I don't have a problem.

Oh and forgot about mileage thing. If I turn it down and drive like grandpa--22 hwy and 18 city. Drive 90 mph like I like to drive 18 hyw, and 14 city...Hand calculated....Was broke last week and turned it down. Logged 698 miles on one tank...

By the way, i never said anything about any timslips or such. The op wanted info on both products so he could make a decision. Not a sales pitch. And fyi i personally run a smarty and happy with it.

By the way, i never said anything about any timslips or such. The op wanted info on both products so he could make a decision. Not a sales pitch. And fyi i personally run a smarty and happy with it.

So you run a smarty, but your supporting h&s?? I'm confused then. And as far as the timeslips go, i was referring to the fact that a stock truck on Smarty tuning is fairly fast, and i can show you the difference between the levels. Also that I don't have any cel's or dash lights.

Which light is coming on in their rigs??

So you run a smarty, but your supporting h&s?? I'm confused then. And as far as the timeslips go, i was referring to the fact that a stock truck on Smarty tuning is fairly fast, and i can show you the difference between the levels. Also that I don't have any cel's or dash lights.

Which light is coming on in their rigs??

Since you are god and no one else has had any experience with using these products, and since your thoughts must be the law i'll have no futher comment. This is what is wrong with some people on forums. They think that their idea is right no matter what, don't really try to help the person with their question, but rather push them off the cliff so they will buy a certain product.

To the op: i'm sorry for trashing up your thread, since i obviously know nothing even though i sell and install both products quite often.:nail:

Since you are god and no one else has had any experience with using these products, and since your thoughts must be the law i'll have no futher comment. This is what is wrong with some people on forums. They think that their idea is right no matter what, don't really try to help the person with their question, but rather push them off the cliff so they will buy a certain product.

To the op: i'm sorry for trashing up your thread, since i obviously know nothing even though i sell and install both products quite often.:nail:

I think you need to get that corn cobb out of your a$$. Read my original post. I gave him my honest oppinion of both of the programers. As I stated below there are plus's for both. Shoot. I still have the OD tunning on mine. I was merely curious as to which dash light you have been seeing. Which you still haven't answered. Sorry to rain on your parade, if you can't take constructive crit, and someone actually questioning what you post, then maybe you shouldn't post up. I'm not here to attack, but when you post up something I've never seen or even heard before, I'm going to ask about it. So either pull your panties up and answer or don't. Its up to you. I'd like to help out anyway I can, I got help when I first started, so I'm just here to help. The problem is that everybody thinks H&S is the best. Which is what I was told in the beginning. Then I get a couple of warning tickets for too much smoke and figure I'm gonna have to either turn it down to stock power or find another tuner. With my smarty I can turn it up to sw7 and still not blow any smoke. So I'm happy with that. But it doesn't have all the guages and defuel, no od tune, etc.... Just want the guy to be informed as to what he is buying. If someone had told me in the beginning that my truck would be able to black out 4 lanes of traffic I would have thought twice about buying it. But no-body did. Not untill I got it anyway.

oh and sorry, i didn't see that you were looking at the xrt pro. I would say the only plus to it is the od tunning. But that's an extra expense. As I've stated a few times below. I still have my H&S tuned tcm... So I think its a good tune for the money (I only spent 150 on mine...don't know how much they are now)

You will need some guages though. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

thanks for all opinions and input and as for trashing the thread it happens haha im runin the xrt pro got a brand new one for 575 so i figured that was a good deal i supposed if i dont like it ill just switch to the smarty or steal my buddies that he just bought and see if i like it. thanks again and guages will definitely be coming soon

thanks for all opinions and input and as for trashing the thread it happens haha im runin the xrt pro got a brand new one for 575 so i figured that was a good deal i supposed if i dont like it ill just switch to the smarty or steal my buddies that he just bought and see if i like it. thanks again and guages will definitely be coming soon

Good deal. You'll like it. You might look into the od tuning. I don't know what they are charging for it these days, but it might be worth it. Def need some gauges though. If u like electronic ones, the cts monitor is nice.

I think you need to get that corn cobb out of your a$$. Read my original post. I gave him my honest oppinion of both of the programers. As I stated below there are plus's for both. Shoot. I still have the OD tunning on mine. I was merely curious as to which dash light you have been seeing.

He clearly said the "check engine light"

Back