Young gun's 94 build thread

small update, dynoed the truck a week ago and made 750.8hp and 13xx ft lbs with the fuel pressure drawing down to 11 psi, 131 D valves, .093 shot of nitrous maxing out at just at or above 45psi boost. Definatley a lot more to be had with proper fuel pressure, bigger D valves, and some more nos.

Big twins are still on hold, although Im itching to throw them together and see what it can do or cant do. Hearing that 102 spool up would be nasty!

small update, dynoed the truck a week ago and made 750.8hp and 13xx ft lbs with the fuel pressure drawing down to 11 psi, 131 D valves, .093 shot of nitrous maxing out at just at or above 45psi boost. Definatley a lot more to be had with proper fuel pressure, bigger D valves, and some more nos.

Big twins are still on hold, although Im itching to throw them together and see what it can do or cant do. Hearing that 102 spool up would be nasty!

Damn, respect!

Can you post up a run down of your truck mods please. Fueling air engine etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

right now

1997 long block 230k miles stock
o-ringed block (isky cam tool)
stock head bolts torqued to 150 ft lbs
stock cam
215 pump
131 D valves (had comp cuts in it but gainged 40 hp by dropping back to 131's)
5k springs from taylor manning
manning 160# springs
AD 150 lift pump
5x.018 plain jane injectors
29* timing
.093 solenoid/ drilled pill
billet s475 w/ 1.10 t4 74/83 turbine
steed speed angled manifold
monster pump mike converter/ input, TCS Arizona billet output, manual VB w/ 2nd gear lockup built by me

thats about what I can come up with for now. Im probably forgetting some other stuff

I dropped the .90 housing off to get machined for the hx40 outlet, should have that on next week to improve spool up. I'm in the market for a good cam now that I can feel the difference in the way the motor runs. Its a night and day difference.

exhaust flow, the tone changed quite a bit and the velocity of the smoke out the tailpipe changed. higher rpm sounded a lot stronger. it seemed to pull harder once the turbo lit, all butt dyno observations but Id rather have a cam than running a bone stock one. especially with a big single turbo.

Not much of an update since I haven't been able to work on the truck near as much as I was hoping. Picked up some 5x.020 sac injectors from ahale (Alex) I also picked up a spare 1995 motor and stole the head from it, I'm thinking at this point I'll give it some light porting and throw it on and save for a hamilton head setup. The head that is on it is cracked way bad and I think that it is limiting my peak boost. Right now Its all I can do to make 48-50lbs of boost WITH nitrous, on fuel it has a hard time hitting 45lbs. Yes I have done a boost leak check on all the connections, those are all good along with the intercooler not having pin holes. As far as the big twins those are still on hold, I did start building the hot pipe, not much progress though. Ive been eyeing the mishimoto aluminum radiator, although 700 bucks is hard to spend on a non performance gaining part. Anyone on here have one on their truck currently?

Great thread bro! I was kicking around the alum rad idea as well, but where I live for a dd and part time plow truck, the salt would be an issue. I settled on a btr rad they are 4 core and no plastic end caps.

Great thread bro! I was kicking around the alum rad idea as well, but where I live for a dd and part time plow truck, the salt would be an issue. I settled on a btr rad they are 4 core and no plastic end caps.

What's the price range of one of those?

How do you re-build your O/d ? My understanding is that there is this infamus 800#spring that will knock your block off it you mess with it ??

I am having multiple tras issues my self .. how do i make a HR a manual shift ?

AND MAN, I cant wait to see this thing go down the track, great build, I'm a recent grad my self , 3 kids and a wife and a job that dosnt pay well .. I'm just doing one part at a time too ...

Not much of an update since I haven't been able to work on the truck near as much as I was hoping. Picked up some 5x.020 sac injectors from ahale (Alex) I also picked up a spare 1995 motor and stole the head from it, I'm thinking at this point I'll give it some light porting and throw it on and save for a hamilton head setup. The head that is on it is cracked way bad and I think that it is limiting my peak boost. Right now Its all I can do to make 48-50lbs of boost WITH nitrous, on fuel it has a hard time hitting 45lbs. Yes I have done a boost leak check on all the connections, those are all good along with the intercooler not having pin holes. As far as the big twins those are still on hold, I did start building the hot pipe, not much progress though. Ive been eyeing the mishimoto aluminum radiator, although 700 bucks is hard to spend on a non performance gaining part. Anyone on here have one on their truck currently?

Ron Davis makes a dual core 1" tube Aluminum Radiator that will more than suffice for a Cummins for about $275. Don't buy an over priced Diesel Marketed one. Same goes with Intercoolers.

Edit: The Dual Core 1" tube radiators will flow more than the normal 4 core 1/2" tube radiators.

Last edited:
Speedway Motors catalog. If those things will keep a 1200hp 572 CI Big Block cool. There's no concern it will suffice a Hot Street truck.

Last edited:
Back