Zeus Standalone

04.5CR

Looking to upgrade to a Zeus standalone this winter. Have a 04.5 Common rail pushing 700 hp with 2.6 turbo built for sledpulling. Looking for some feedback on this standalone.

I have searched and read a few threads but would like some feedback from some actual users.

How does it compare to others. Have not seen many standalone trucks run so I am just trying to gather the info in the standalone world.

Bosch and Nira?
There can be only one to rule them all!! LOL

Actually, I don't know if there is someone who's used them all. My impression is this:

Bosch
pro: does everything and can correct for everything.
con: price, ease of use

Nira
pro: easier to use than the Bosch unit
con: still pricier than the Zeus

Zeus
pro: least expensive standalone. responsive to feature requests.
con: less correction factors for daily driving than other units.

I'm slightly biased towards the Zeus, but have seen excellent results from Scheid running the Bosch controller and SixPack running the Nira.

Thanks Joe.. That is what I am looking for, just someone who has some experience with these units that some imput. I am leaning towards the zeus due to price and the plug and play to get started.

Thanks Joe.. That is what I am looking for, just someone who has some experience with these units that some imput. I am leaning towards the zeus due to price and the plug and play to get started.
Do you really need a standalone? Why not efilive? The standalone should really only be considered if Efilive doesn't perform for you. Standalone controllers are really for when you need the last 50hp or when you need to control something beyond the factory ECU's means.

Measure the tops of the pistons before buying. Some of the standalone units are not able to melt holes all the way through the thicker pistons.

Do you really need a standalone? Why not efilive? The standalone should really only be considered if Efilive doesn't perform for you. Standalone controllers are really for when you need the last 50hp or when you need to control something beyond the factory ECU's means.
No EFILive for pre-canbus trucks...

Joe if you can find me EFI Live for 04.5 I would be willing to buy it. Only make them for 05 and up cummins. The reason for a standalone is rpms. We are limited to 4200 with the Smarty SSR. Ron, that is why I am looking for some feedback from some actual users and their results. I don't want that happening.

Joe if you can find me EFI Live for 04.5 I would be willing to buy it. Only make them for 05 and up cummins. The reason for a standalone is rpms. We are limited to 4200 with the Smarty SSR. Ron, that is why I am looking for some feedback from some actual users and their results. I don't want that happening.

06 and up.

Looking to upgrade to a Zeus standalone this winter. Have a 04.5 Common rail pushing 700 hp with 2.6 turbo built for sledpulling. Looking for some feedback on this standalone.

Looking for a way to beat hlad next year? lol

Measure the tops of the pistons before buying. Some of the standalone units are not able to melt holes all the way through the thicker pistons.
Hmmm... I htink I can probably fix taht for you.

No EFILive for pre-canbus trucks...
I understand. But the point of it being a competition-only still stands. A comp only truck would rip out the existing harness and replace it with a canbus version.

does the zues controlling nitrous and water?
Yes, there are 4 controllable outputs. Right now I have them set to do nothing and there aren't any exposed tables for them. I think they're set so 2 of them are PWM-driven by a RPM table and the other two are from a boost-referenced table.

Back