Zeus Standalone

[QUOTE=joefarmer;157254

I understand. But the point of it being a competition-only still stands. A comp only truck would rip out the existing harness and replace it with a canbus version.

So what are the advantages of the canbus over a standalone other than EFI live? Be about same money in end when all is bought and you have endless control with the standalone.

So what are the advantages of the canbus over a standalone other than EFI live? Be about same money in end when all is bought and you have endless control with the standalone.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was thinking mainly of the CR pullers around here. Your options on a 2004.5 would be limited to a standalone or replacing the ecm and harness with canbus version that can use efilive.

Im runing efi on my truck..I have not seen a zues program with my own eyes, but I like to think of efi as pretty simple.. ive heard zues is even easier to use. I didnt see the point in spending the extra money untill I found the limits of efi.. which I feel I still havnt found. I know my truck could compete with the top 2.6 trucks with just a few more parts and little tuning for those parts.. I know brandon bsock has had verygood results.. along with tuning comes chassis also and I think he knows alot with chassis work. Our builds are somewhat similar I feel as if were making same hp hes just putting it down.

Im runing efi on my truck..I have not seen a zues program with my own eyes, but I like to think of efi as pretty simple.. ive heard zues is even easier to use. I didnt see the point in spending the extra money untill I found the limits of efi.. which I feel I still havnt found. I know my truck could compete with the top 2.6 trucks with just a few more parts and little tuning for those parts.. I know brandon bsock has had verygood results.. along with tuning comes chassis also and I think he knows alot with chassis work. Our builds are somewhat similar I feel as if were making same hp hes just putting it down.

Damn longbeds. Jared's truck is running good also. I haven't seen the EFI but the Zues looks so easy even the Amish can do it :hehe:

Thanks for the info. I am all for efi if it was going to be produced for the pre 06 commonrails. But who knows if they will put time an effort into it for such a small group of runners. Have considered the ecu switch the to 06-07 5.9 but the with the time and money involved, the zeus looks like a better option and essentially never having to worry about out performing its parameters.

Thanks for the info. I am all for efi if it was going to be produced for the pre 06 commonrails. But who knows if they will put time an effort into it for such a small group of runners. Have considered the ecu switch the to 06-07 5.9 but the with the time and money involved, the zeus looks like a better option and essentially never having to worry about out performing its parameters.

You would be impressed. Stand alone will do you nice data recorder built in it's a beast to see.

R&D will begin for te SCI based CTD after the 6.7 is out if beta testing. everything is moving right along, its not like your never gonna get support.

Jake

You would be impressed. Stand alone will do you nice data recorder built in it's a beast to see.[/QUOTE

Data recording is another main reason for going standalone. Who can really look at more than one or two gauges going down the track and actually remember the numbers? I think it will be a great tool.

Support for the 03-05 5.9L SCI ECM's will commence after our 6.7L projects are released. It's a done deal for us, the hold back is that there just isn't enough hours in the day, so we had to prioritise and 03-05 was chosen last because we are already familiar with the canbus. Lets face it, if it was easy, you wouldn't be asking this question, you would have had plenty of options available already :)

One of the advantages I can see for EFILive over the standalone is the volume of users we have, the integration of the scan and tune tools and the ability to share information. Email tunes, email logs, work collectively over vast distances to tune vehicles as well as the ability to use tunes from different sources

Just take a look at Zach from Starlite Diesel. He's based in Utah, and has been working on Derek Parker's truck on the East Coast. Derek was the first person to get full fueling to 5,000 RPM. He didn't write the tune - Zach did. Sure there were more than a few late nights, but with data logs being emailed by Derek to Zach, Zach was able to tune the truck and not have to worry about Derek's ability to describe how the vehicle was handling.

If you need something today, then it's no contest - Zeus wins hands down because we don't have a product. But if it's something you are considering for next years pulling season, then maybe you could consider holding off on your purchase a couple of months to see how things pan out.

Cheers
Cindy

For the record, Zeus logs and tune are also sent through email. My tunes are on various trucks from NJ to Colorado and everywhere in between. I only attended one sled pull this year, but I received multiple tunes every weekend and the updated tunes were emailed back out. I know for a fact at least once a single tune was done in the 90 minutes between the 2.6 class and the RWYB classes. :)

90 minutes that's a long upload time ;)

Matt happy with his tune??
LOL i was trying to say that bowersock emailed me the log, i emailed an updated tune and he had it by the time the next class hooked. That's probably because of the tuner, not the software. ;)

Matt hasn't tried it yet. I think someone else has the v2 right now?

Zues is great, EFIlive is great, be patient and get efi or, fit the bill on a zues. You'll get all you need out of either one.

BEST thing about a stand alone at least the one I'm running is tuning in real time, load it up on a load cell and tick off cell by cell see what you do and effect instantly.

BEST thing about a stand alone at least the one I'm running is tuning in real time, load it up on a load cell and tick off cell by cell see what you do and effect instantly.
WINNING!!! I didn't realize it was realtime tuning. Now I'm jealous! It sucks waiting the 30 seconds for the Zeus to upload the new tune.

$3800 for Zeus.

Thanks,

Would a reasonable estimate for swapping wiring harness, ECM... To the 06-07 style be $1500? Then add $700 for EFI live, so about $1600 savings compared to Zues. That's not including the time to swap everything. Sound about right, or how far off am I?

Back