Delivery valves - 131, 181, 191, full cuts, comparison picture attached

No question really, just had a chance to snap a picture this afternoon as I'm sure others would like to see them side by side.

DSC05090.jpg

:Cheer:

Will a 131 outflow a 181 it looks as if the shoulder is smaller on the 131 or is it more downward on the valve so it takes more lift for it to flow???
Brandon

Do you have the 131 swapped with one of the 181/191? A 181 should be a good jump up from a 131.

Thanks for the pic. Especially since I'm in the DV market...

ON EDIT:
I'm not questioning, just trying to learn more on how these things work/flow...

131 has a smaller shoulder than a 181. Not really that much of a jump between the two.
191 is a ~0.5mm shoulder

131 has a smaller shoulder than a 181. Not really that much of a jump between the two.
191 is a ~0.5mm shoulder

Interesting. I'd always thought that there was a big jump from the 131's... I might be buying some upgrade DVs for a pump with 131s is part of the reason for my trying so hard to figure this out.

181 shoulder height = 2.2mm
131 shoulder height = 2.0mm

The 0.5mm dv's were quite a bit more smoke than my 131/121 mix that was in my pump. I will see if a matching set of 181s will make any difference.

The 191s will flow quite a bit more than any combo of 131/181. The 131 piston/181 holder flows a small amount more than the 181/181. It isn't going to be considerable. (I am not taking credit for this. Smokem is where I get my info.) I am going to try some different things on my truck to see though. I will probably end up with the 0.5mm dv's.

I went from my dv's to the 191s pictured and they were quite a bit more fuel. I believe they would have been more productive on my truck if I had an AFC.

I have had 131's, 181's and 191's in my truck. The 181's knocked 1/2 second off my quarter mile times, and i havent ran the truck with the 191's yet, but they feel like they were more of a kick than the 181's over the 131's.

Eric

I have had 131's, 181's and 191's in my truck. The 181's knocked 1/2 second off my quarter mile times, and i havent ran the truck with the 191's yet, but they feel like they were more of a kick than the 181's over the 131's.

Eric

I would love for 181's to take a half second off my 1/4! Especially if 191s took some more off. That would make 11's easy, mid 11's at that.:rockwoot:

Well, they helped mine out for sure. Id say my truck would run about a 14.6 or so right now. That would be 4/10ths faster than it was with the 181's, plus i can launch harder now.

If you went from 131's to 191's, id say 7/10ths could be expected off your 1/4 times. Maybe more. Let us know if you try it out.

The thing about the 181's, is that they didnt add any heat. EGT's were the same. The 191's shot them up pretty good. I can peg the gauge now, and before, it would settle in about 1300* at the end of the 1/4.

Eric

Eric

So if the shoulder of a 131 is smaller and the groove is cut farther, why is it that a 181 delivers that much more fuel? The holder must allow more fuel thru it somehow... It isn't obvious looking at them...

I will try it and post how it all works. I run 12.39 on 131s currently. You will probably have to wait until next year for times though. Hopefully some dyno #'s before then though.

To my understanding it has to do with the shoulder on the bottom of the 181 holder. I am not sure how or why. Looks like it would seal better which may give a more efficient flow? I was thinking the same thing though.

My 191s have a deeper flute then the one's pictured above, or atleast if memory serves they do. Possible the picture is just deceiving though. I was under the impression that my delivery valves were machined to get the smaller .5mm shoulder, I suppose I was wrong??? I've had all combinations of delivery valves discussed above, the 191s do seem to fuel harder but my stock trans prevents me from saying how much lol.

The reason for Got-Torque to get the 0.5mm's were because his full cuts were too smokey. Full cuts are not street dv's.

For my setup, fullcuts were not acceptable for the street. Tall tires, tall gears, big charger, = hot EGT's...

Lot's of fuel though...

Back