Delivery valves - 131, 181, 191, full cuts, comparison picture attached

So on the smaller 160 pump would you go with the 191s if it was just for 1/4 mile, and wont ever see the street? also if the EGTs are allready at 1600 how much hotter are we talking about running?

thoughts?
:Cheer:

Are you referring to the bottom of the seat being narrow on the 181's verses the rest of them where they are wider?

Can you run any of the DV's in the 181 style seat?

DSC05086.jpg

Some delivery valve terminology...

could someone take the above photo into MS paint and label all the parts? Holder, button, shoulder, etc.? Im pretty sure I got it down but I want to make sure.

I have a 191 valve in a 181 seat. Any specific questions?

could someone take the above photo into MS paint and label all the parts? Holder, button, shoulder, etc.? Im pretty sure I got it down but I want to make sure.

Hows this?
A=holder
B=delivery valve
C=seat
Deliveryvalvesandholders.jpg

And this is where the measurement for the shoulder is taken from
LCvs181-2measure.jpg

Derek, any reason why in your pic, the 5th seat from the left is the 181 style and the rest are the 131 style?

Is there any chance your pump was built by the same shop that built 97crewcab's pump?

Hows this?
A=holder
B=delivery valve
C=seat
Deliveryvalvesandholders.jpg

And this is where the measurement for the shoulder is taken from
LCvs181-2measure.jpg

Thats good thanks. Thats what I was thinking, but I have heard some people call "C" the holder, instead of the seat. Where is the "button"?

I did not take those pictures. The one w/ mixed up DVs can from here

A lot of people call things different names, it makes things very confusing sometimes.
Button=delivery valve, seat=barrel, etc usually you can figure out what they are talking about from the context of the statement, but standardizing the names would be nice.

Anyone ever compared the flow benefits between 181 and 131 seats? I know Smokem has had some adventures with them, but I don't remember hearing of any numbers?

Anyone know what are the affects of the differing flute designs?

Just an observation, the ones with the longer cut or flute would seem to flow more fuel...

How does it run?

Ok I suppose. My truck hazes a decent amount but that's thanks to the 5x16 injectors more then anything. When I had the 5x14 injectors though the addition of the 191s did not create any haze, just harder WOT fueling.

Derek, any reason why in your pic, the 5th seat from the left is the 181 style and the rest are the 131 style?

Is there any chance your pump was built by the same shop that built 97crewcab's pump?

That is a balancing trick. The spring on the dv isn't needed either!

Im not sure why full cuts are not streetable. Everybody i know in IL runs full cuts. I dont have to stomp the go pedal all the time. That aside, it was quoted 181 will accept any size dv. I know that is true, but also tells me that the hole diameter is the same as 131 with just a diff style seat. The seat change was a bosch upgrade they changed for reasons i forgot, but they will allow the same amount of fuel through them. On another note, i was told that dv and seats should allways stay together because the taper on the valve and seat are fit to match. Tim

So on the smaller 160 pump would you go with the 191s if it was just for 1/4 mile, and wont ever see the street? also if the EGTs are allready at 1600 how much hotter are we talking about running?

thoughts?
:Cheer:

I run my 191's in my 160 pump'd daily driver. No problems at all. It is just as streetable as with the stock ones, other than EGT's are up when you are running it hard. I still get good fuel mileage too. My EGT's would settle in at 1300* with the 181's. With the 191's, they peg the 1500* gauge by about 50mph, and who knows where they go from there:hehe:

Eric

i run the full cuts in mine truck, and i dont seem to have any egt problem with the new charger, with the stock charger though if you laid into it by the time you got to 5 gear the egts were 1600*, but now with the garrett charger the most i see is 1300* and that is if im in it for along stretch

Back