Delivery valves - 131, 181, 191, full cuts, comparison picture attached

do you daily drive? how big is the charger? haze at idle? im sure of heavy smoke... im guessing you have a healthy set of injectors in it.

Since we are putting dv pics out there, I thought I would post picture of the 121 dv I had in my pump vs the other five 131's.
121's on the right
DSC00073.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00077-1.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

Anyone know what the 121 dv is out of? Anyone have a single 131 laying around so I can make a full set?

Last edited:
Does anyone know about the DDP DV's? On their site, they claim 20% more power with less smoke and EGT than 191's.

Are the DDP 024's a custom machined set? Lenney told us At Indy a couple of years ago that he uses all Bosch parts so i just was wondering if these are stock app. for industrial or marine motors? Tim

I believe you can go down to cummins and buy 024s. I don't know the part number but I think Got-Torque might?

Ya i drive my truck everyday, there normally isn't haze at an idle, and you can really drive around the smoke witch i think the manual transmission helps that alot. But if you want it to smoke all you have to do is say the word and i can black out the road. I run ddp 4 injectors and the charger is a stage three garratt which the intake inducer i believe is 64.4mm, with a custom 4" exhaust flang

Do you have 5. I really only need 5 :hehe:
I might entertain a purchase of a set. Pm me what you want for them.

I'm starting the 131dv/181seat combination wrenching after I post this reply. Now since mine is a 1995 so it has the 131s and I'm going to swap the 181 seats in. My question is that are there any shims or washers in this case that need to stay in their place or does something need to be left out?

I'm quessin' that if the installed and machined heights are the same then nothing is removed and everything is put back the way they were. Or if the some height dimension in the seat differ by being taller then the washers or shims are taken out. Correct?

Please answer the soonest if you have the time and knowledge.

Additional to that I will install the Mack plug and make the AFC mods.

If you are using the 181 seats the washers which go under the 131 seats need to be removed. It may be fine if you leave them in I'm not sure but i've not seen where 181 seats use these washers so I think you'd be wise to remove them.

Ok, makes me wonder though now. What exactly is the purpose of those washers then?
I measured the height of both and it's the same. I already put seats, dvs and holders back but only finger tight now and the lines are naturally not attached yet.

Could the washers be there for fuel volume purpose? Or for fuel flow purpose? I really cannot see now what difference it might make to either leave them out or not.

Maybe I will make some coffee for myself and wait for some more discussion. Please gentlemen, help me more as Nick already did which I do appreciace very much.

One additional question; I'm pretty sure according to this great thread that the 181 seat's wider end is installed facing downwards ie. towards the pump and narrower end is seen in the upper end of the "barrel" which you close when screwing the holder in. Right? Just making sure here.

Last edited:
Quessing here: Add washers under the seat = less timing and vice versa?

I quess I'm taking the washers out...

Quessing here: Add washers under the seat = less timing and vice versa?

I quess I'm taking the washers out...

Seems to me that makes sense given you would be positioning the delivery valve higher if using washers under the seats.

So if the shoulder of a 131 is smaller and the groove is cut farther, why is it that a 181 delivers that much more fuel? The holder must allow more fuel thru it somehow... It isn't obvious looking at them...

I'm just not getting how the holders can make a flow difference? I have 131's 181's and FC's on the bench right now and don't see ANY significant differences that would cause me to believe they do flow different.... except that the 131 holder has more volume than the 181 or FC holders, therefore sucks up more plunger stroke before the DV lifts? Maybe thats it?

I'm curious to see if there are differences in the flute depth or base body diameter of the DV.

Looks like the 131's should flow better than 181's though, just based on the shoulder (or retraction piston) thickness.

:Cheer:

The only difference that I measure between 131 and 181 flutes is that the 181's are just slightly taller @ .394" compared to .390" of the 131's.

Base diameter for the 181's is smaller @ .257" compared to the 131's base of .260".

The FC that I have were 181's in a previous life so no difference than the 181's.

:Cheer:

Back