DDP's Magic Delivery Valves

Big Blue24

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Has anyone tried DDP's magic delivery valves that "...will give you 20 more horsepower and less EGT and smoke when compared to 191s."

260 bucks is about the going rate for 191's. Has anyone tried these and had good or bad luck?

http://www.dynomitediesel.com/display_part/96.php

Has anyone tried PDR's magic delivery valves, "...custom modified taper DV's flow the same amount of fuel as a set of 191 DV's without all the bottom end smoke."

230 bucks is not a bad deal but the stinking 250 core charge is unbearable.

http://www.pdrdiesel.com/products/Custom_Taper_Cut_Delivery_Valves-889-35.html

I put a set in my truck recently, I replaced the full cuts with them. More drivable and very close in power on the dyno. The full cuts won't be going back in. Sorry I don't have any 191 to compare to.

Are you running these in a 13mm pump or 12mm pump? I have my lil' 160 pumped Junker Truck that's going to get some performance parts really soon, can't decide if I want to experiment or just go with a tried and true DV such as a 181 or a 191.

I have them brand new in the box. They are .024s.
You can also get them from Columbus Diesel Supply. I'm pretty sure this is where DDP gets them from.

ya .024's, we put them in my cousins truck and it runs really good, never compared them to anything else though.

I don't think the .022's are the same to half cuts? The half cuts I almost bought had the shoulder machined down in diameter and the .022 I thought are the original diameter but the width of the shoulder is narrower.

Never dynoed comparing 191's to the ddp's, but the ddp's sounded like they added timing. That would equate to more power and less smoke.

I dont know about either of the valves listed, but when i took my 131's out and replaced them with 181's, I dropped a solid 1/2 second in the 1/4 with no other changes to the truck. EGT's were the same also.

Then i put my 191's in. Smoke went up, EGT's went up quite a bit, but power was also a real good kick in the butt. I was very happy with the power they added. I havent been back to the track, but they added more power than going from stock to 181's, so i think it was a pretty good gain. I think about 3 more degrees of timing would bring my EGT's down and wake the truck up quite a bit too.

Fuel mileage is also still good. 18mpg around town is no problem if i keep my foot out of it.

Eric

I just like them better, less egt, smoke and it ran a bit better at the track, made the same adjustments/readjustments with the 191's and prefer the DDP Magic DV's

Back