DDP's Magic Delivery Valves

Does Smokem, or anyone else want to comment on what's different between these DV's and standard Bosch 024's.

Does Smokem, or anyone else want to comment on what's different between these DV's and standard Bosch 024's.

I know when I called CDS last year to get my pump built they said they used .024 DVs.
I figure thats where DDP gets them from.

I'd be curious as to what the pintle depth/width on 131's and 181's are, and how much effect it has.

When I pull my stock DV's, should be 131's, I will measure but it's going to be a month or so before I start adding mods to this truck. This truck feels like it would be a scary ride at 100mph so it's going to take a while for me to fix all of it's little quarks and feel confident that it's ready for more power.

That shoulder looks pretty thick to me, Ive not done the math to convert but that shoulder looks to be as thick as a 181 which is ~.087" but the pintle looks to be cut or ground to much wider. Maybe this is thier way of passing more fuel with out screwing with duration or timing as bad.?. Ive just not ever seen one with the pintle ground so wide before.

That shoulder looks pretty thick to me, Ive not done the math to convert but that shoulder looks to be as thick as a 181 which is ~.087" but the pintle looks to be cut or ground to much wider. Maybe this is thier way of passing more fuel with out screwing with duration or timing as bad.?. Ive just not ever seen one with the pintle ground so wide before.

I just went out and measured the shoulder on my 181s and DDP "magic vales"

181=.087
DDP=.028

Granted my calipers might be out a little.

Anyways, .76 Millimeters = 0.02992125984 Inches

I just went out and measured the shoulder on my 181s and DDP "magic vales"

181=.087
DDP=.028

Granted my calipers might be out a little.

Anyways, .76 Millimeters = 0.02992125984 Inches

Cool, thanks for the info. They just appeared thicker to me I suppose in the blown up pic. Do they have only 1 large pintle? I think most others only have 1, I like the 191's so much due to they have 2 pintles "and" the nice small .030" shoulder. I think thier hard to beat at least for the fluted style, I have no exp. in the others, at least for now.
Ryan

Cool, thanks for the info. They just appeared thicker to me I suppose in the blown up pic. Do they have only 1 large pintle? I think most others only have 1, I like the 191's so much due to they have 2 pintles "and" the nice small .030" shoulder. I think thier hard to beat at least for the fluted style, I have no exp. in the others, at least for now.
Ryan

DDP claims 20 more HP than stock 191's with no extra smoke or EGT. Maybe one larger pintle provide more efficient fuel delivery than two smaller pintles. It appears that the 191's and 024 Magic valves have the same shoulder thickness.

Ryan, I swapped in your 022s last night and examined the differences. I took some pics and will get them up later, they didn't come out that well honestly though. The shoulder of the 022 is smaller, but by a very tiny margin. I did not measure as my dial calipers are not capable of being precise at these small sizes. The shoulder of the 022 is also higher than the 191s (higher being farther from the flute end). The flutes on the 191s go almost all the way to the shoulder. The flutes on the 022s (179 on their head) go 2/3rds up the distance from the bottom of the delivery valve to the shoulder. Also, as said earlier, the 022s have on flat spot on the shoulder as compared to the 191s which have two flat spots on the shoulder. Last would be the dimple in the bottom of the delivery valve. The dimple in the 022 is deeper. The dimple in the 191 is shallower.

Just driving to work this morning feels like timing has decreased a bit as the turbo spools better and there is less part throttle smoke (turbo cleaning it up better). Need more time to make better driving impressions.

I will describe the difference between 191's, 022's, and 024's with one word, miniscule. I'm trying to figure out why so much grief is spent on a couple of stock application fluted style valves?

Because thats all we have right now.

Until, you come up with something better.:bow:

I will describe the difference between 191's, 022's, and 024's with one word, miniscule. I'm trying to figure out why so much grief is spent on a couple of stock application fluted style valves?

What Tony said:p

Ryan, I swapped in your 022s last night and examined the differences. I took some pics and will get them up later, they didn't come out that well honestly though. The shoulder of the 022 is smaller, but by a very tiny margin. I did not measure as my dial calipers are not capable of being precise at these small sizes. The shoulder of the 022 is also higher than the 191s (higher being farther from the flute end). The flutes on the 191s go almost all the way to the shoulder. The flutes on the 022s (179 on their head) go 2/3rds up the distance from the bottom of the delivery valve to the shoulder. Also, as said earlier, the 022s have on flat spot on the shoulder as compared to the 191s which have two flat spots on the shoulder. Last would be the dimple in the bottom of the delivery valve. The dimple in the 022 is deeper. The dimple in the 191 is shallower.

Just driving to work this morning feels like timing has decreased a bit as the turbo spools better and there is less part throttle smoke (turbo cleaning it up better). Need more time to make better driving impressions.

I hope you like them, them and a set of FC's are all I had extra and I know you would have hated the FC's. I mean I tried them 3 diff. times in a full blown race truck that would never have the poss. on the street and hated them. The FC's, the .022's, and the 191's all ran with in a tenth of each other with the same tune up, the diff. being heat. I decided to run the smallest DV I could get away with and still run the number, for me this is 191's
Also the reason I would even do a swap, I like the 191's very well. Those DV's will run almost to the hundreth of a second within the 191's but they run hotter, and with no CAC I fight heat in a bad way.
Ryan

Back