DDP's Magic Delivery Valves

I just like them better, less egt, smoke and it ran a bit better at the track, made the same adjustments/readjustments with the 191's and prefer the DDP Magic DV's
:poke: It wasn't really the dv's that made the difference, it's just because your on the west coast.:hehe:

I know I read soewhere before, that PDRs were .022s/half-cuts.
That is why they want the cores, so they can mill the shoulder down.

I personally have cut a set of DVs myself on an old school lathe, Last i heard from the owner of the truck, he didnt complain.
A friend close by, a little more mechanicly inclined does them for me now. any size i want. i know of at least 7 trucks running them, with great success!

but if DDPs are really magic, then i might have been missing something though

I personally have cut a set of DVs myself on an old school lathe, Last i heard from the owner of the truck, he didnt complain.
A friend close by, a little more mechanicly inclined does them for me now. any size i want. i know of at least 7 trucks running them, with great success!

but if DDPs are really magic, then i might have been missing something though

They arent "magic" they are just .024s from Columbus diesel supply.

I just like them better, less egt, smoke and it ran a bit better at the track, made the same adjustments/readjustments with the 191's and prefer the DDP Magic DV's

Good, give me your 191s buddy

I did not like the ddp 024's at the track compared to my full cuts from Scheids...

however, the full cuts are worse on the street.

Does anyone care to comment on DDP's claim of 20 more horsepower with less smoke compared to 191's? I assume less smoke would equate to lower EGT's as your crossing the finish line compared to 191's.

Is it possible for 024's to run cooler than 191's?

I ran the 191's for a while, that's what were in when I dynoed at 542/1197...then I put the 024's in...the only difference I noticed was at the drag strip, picked up a couple 10ths with the 024's...did not notice any more "power" or less EGT's...

basically ran the same...did not get a chance to dyno w/ the 024s but could have been close to 20hp, considering I got better times at the track...

that's when I switched to the full cuts..

I just want to clear up the confusion, what DDP/CDS is selling are 042's, not 024's.

Just went out and looked at mine and it says 927/.024 on the head of the valve.
I also took a quick measurement of the shoulder and it came out around .024.

I am also positive, when I talked to CDS about getting my pump built they said they use .024.

Maybe its dyslexia.:bang

I ran the 191's for a while, that's what were in when I dynoed at 542/1197...then I put the 024's in...the only difference I noticed was at the drag strip, picked up a couple 10ths with the 024's...did not notice any more "power" or less EGT's...

basically ran the same...did not get a chance to dyno w/ the 024s but could have been close to 20hp, considering I got better times at the track...

that's when I switched to the full cuts..

How much difference did the full cuts make? Its hard to beat them for all out competition.

Eric

I just measured the shoulders of my 191's last night and they were .024". Is there any diff between 191's and 024's?

How much difference did the full cuts make? Its hard to beat them for all out competition.

Eric

started upper 13's low 14's w/ 191's (no haze/smoke down the track)

went from a 13.2 @ 103 w/ 024's (no haze/smoke down the track)

to 12.4 @ 108 w/ Scheid Full Cuts (haze down the track)

Wow, that's a really nice gain with the full cuts!

What are you running for turbo(s) and injectors? Thats a lot of gain!

Eric

Back