some p-pump 24v ?'s

red dodge2

im prolly going to end up p-pumping my truck soon. its a 2001 and instead of getting a cam sensor reloctor, can i just use the KDP hole on the 12v case for my 24v cam sensor? i know that the kdp hole is smaller than the diameter of the sensor but i could fix that.

not gonna work the the kdp hole is covered up behind the timing case cover once its installed and there would be a way to run wires to it

There is a sensor relocatorkit sold by schied and haisley's that you will need. I have decided to stick with my stock cam when I domine in the next few weeks.

stock cam is fine but i highly recommend putting some tack welds on it to hold the gear on, big p-pumps tend to make the gear walk. you may be fine, but for something thats kind of easy to do, its great insurance

the KDP is just an alignment dowel pin that is in the block... the adapter that I made 3 and half years ago on our cnc at work used the timing pin hole.

the way i rigged up my fuel shutoff was with an old ford starter relay... there are pics of my install on the DTR i would load them up here but they kicked me off their site so I cant sign in. look under cummnz4x4pwr photos

so you can use the timing pin hole for the sensor correct?.....anyone no where i go to to get a timing case from cummins?

Can't just use the timing hole alone. You need to use an adapter which requires drilling out the case about 1/3 a hole width over from the existing timing pin hole.

Contact Snedge on here for the case, best price you will find.

Can't just use the timing hole alone. You need to use an adapter which requires drilling out the case about 1/3 a hole width over from the existing timing pin hole.

Contact Snedge on here for the case, best price you will find.

yes you can i did it on mine i ground down the cam sensor and cut about 1/8 '' off the top of the timing pin hole and put it in with rtv it works great:bang

Back