some p-pump 24v ?'s

are most of you guys running an afc or not? how is it set up? afc all the way forward and the plate all the way back? im gonna start with 27* of timing.

you're willing to spend top dollar to buy a new timing case from cummins, but wanna take the only important sensor left on the motor and grind it down and then RTV it in place to save a few bucks on the relocator bracket?

here is a pic of my cover after the timing pin hole was modified to accept the CPS. its simple to do with a dremel or die grinder. just but the relocation bracket, bolt it on and mark the timing case with where the new hole needs to be located, then dremel it out.

DSC00278.jpg

Weld the gear it don't hurt anything and do the cam senor right and buy the relocater it only 60 bucks !

you gotta drill new holes in the case to bolt the cam sensor relocater adapter on?...i just dont wanna mess a case up trying to install it. thats why i was just gonna do it the other way...i was gonna take the timing pin bracket off and bolt the cam sensor in place of it off my 24v case.

the bolt holes are there, you just need to enlarger the main timing pin hole so the cam sensor sits in the right spot to read the cam gear.

its not hard if you know how to use a dremel

i just wanna get it right the first time so i dont have to tear it all back apart when my gauges dont work.

Got Torque has one some where.

Its simple as hell:
bolt the relocation bracket too the case using the OE 12v timing pin BOLT holes
mark the new hole with a sharpie
ream the hole over to the new line
rvt the sensor relocation bracket and bolt it to the case using the 12v timing pin holes and supplied hardware.

Seems simple enough to me. Either way you do it your going to have to cut the case so you might as well buy the $60 bracket and make sure you only have to cut it once and that it sits in the exact right location so that way you don't have to worry about it working.

Back