Anybody interested in in-cab fuel plate adjustment?

some 98 cummins

I'm working with a new company to the diesel world called Blackhawk Diesel out of Stockton Ut that is developing a new device to take the place of the afc on the p-pump that will be controllable with a dial in the cab of the truck. it is basically going to be an electronically movable fuel plate. it will still have aneroid boost/fuel control. they are not quite ready to release it yet but when they are i will have pics of it on my truck. they also have other products such as .040 over-sized billet delivery valves and holders.

Im helping them get the word out because they have little spare time to get on the forums but they can be contacted at Blackhawkdiesel@gmail.com

What does everybody think?

Do you change your plate setting that often????

I ask because I was running a 0 plate...I kind figured it was a set it and forget...once set properly of course.

How much fine tuning are we talking about here?

Do you change your plate setting that often????

I ask because I was running a 0 plate...I kind figured it was a set it and forget...once set properly of course.

How much fine tuning are we talking about here?

i was thinking it would be awesome if you had to big of injectors or delivery valves you could turn it down to get good mileage and when you run on the dyno or feel the urge you could turn the pump back up.

Well to make it interesting...I would want to adjust the plate, the AFC position and the star wheel.

Not to shoot holes in the theory, but mine with the 0 plate, very big sticks, loose AFC spring and high timing made 800 RWHP, got 21 MPG and I could drive it smoke free or like a frieght train....just takes an intelligent right foot.

Well to make it interesting...I would want to adjust the plate, the AFC position and the star wheel.

Not to shoot holes in the theory, but mine with the 0 plate, very big sticks, loose AFC spring and high timing made 800 RWHP, got 21 MPG and I could drive it smoke free or like a frieght train....just takes an intelligent right foot.

i agree with you that, its all in how close the skinny pedal gets to the fuzzy stuff. he also told me that it could be turned past zero which could be used as an anti-theft device because the truck wont start.

There is a valet switch, and I imagine you could just run a precision regulator into the cab. Crank the regulator up as you want more fuel.

S was just starting a more primitive version with an air regulator before the AFC and a really light spring in the housing

i was thinking it would be awesome if you had to big of injectors or delivery valves you could turn it down to get good mileage and when you run on the dyno or feel the urge you could turn the pump back up.

i agree with you that, its all in how close the skinny pedal gets to the fuzzy stuff. he also told me that it could be turned past zero which could be used as an anti-theft device because the truck wont start.

Not to be a dick, but are you aware of how the governor section works? Plate position has no bearing on steady state fuel consumption, and the plate plays no role as to how it idles, or if it runs at all. Separate functions.

Worthless imo

the plate doesnt do anything unless your working the afc hard, and if your doing that then you arent worried about mileage.

Not to be a dick, but are you aware of how the governor section works? Plate position has no bearing on steady state fuel consumption, and the plate plays no role as to how it idles, or if it runs at all. Separate functions.

i think i do but i would never call myself an expert. help me learn...i was under the impression that the fuel plate controlled the max fuel at a given rpm.

i think i do but i would never call myself an expert. help me learn...i was under the impression that the fuel plate controlled the max fuel at a given rpm.

the arm in the afc controls the fueling untill boost pressure pushes it out of the way, only then does the plate even come into play.

Back