To batmoto, or stick with billet.

Btp 2332

Posting this for my dad because hes in the hunt for a new charger for dragracing. Staying with a single, going to hit it with a small amount of nitrous, has all the supporting mods etc hes just looking for some hard information and help deciding if he wants to spend the extra 400 for a batmoto. I beleive hes looking at 475 or bigger, 87.1.0. So question is, is it worth it or stick with the billet wheel chargers. I read a thread in here with a dyno graph that the batmoto wheel over billet gained around 50hp and that was the only change made while on the dyno. Most of the other threads are everybody waiting for someone to prove the batmoto wheel worthy. Any info would be great thanks.

There's no flow info or maps for the batmo so hard info isn't really out there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i would say the best results you could get is to SIZE the turbo perfect for his setup with billet parts

batmo is hype imo

if it flowed more air why wouldnt they put out a map to help with sales?

anything with a silly name is probably marketing hype. IMHO

Except for Mumau....no one would use a name like for marketing...it's way too silly.
CompD Mobile Device

i would say the best results you could get is to SIZE the turbo perfect for his setup with billet parts

batmo is hype imo

if it flowed more air why wouldnt they put out a map to help with sales?

Batmo map exists:

2011-08-29_16-19-19_666.jpg

Not to disagree that the batmo maybe hyped up a bit much, but I'm running a s466 with the batmo from stainless diesel and it seems to work really well with my setup. However, like you all have said no back to back dyno testing with a regular billet wheel.

I think most of the broken batmotos were s300 base to which is not what hes looking at. Nitrous system has enough in it and will be just fine. Two stage, progressive controlled etc etc

Doesnt have to be a dodge guys, ford, chevy, gm whatever if you have experience with the batmoto good or bad throw it out there.

I have a 475 batmoto on my 12v but havent had any track time with it so I cant even tell him anything yet positive or negative yet. I do know it spools up as fast as the box stock 475/83 I was running before and this one has an 87 wheel in it.

Keep it coming guys, thanks for the responses so far.

I steered away from the batmo when I bought my charger becuse of the added weight of the wheel. My thought was in order to make the wheel with those fancy curves it had to be machined with more material left on the wheel which would weigh more and spool a little slower. I may be way off base but this is why I went with the standard billet.

My 62 Double bat is the nastiest spooling thing i've ever had! I had a 62/65/12 with just a billet before and this 62/71/12 out performs it by far! At WOT i don't see 1300 on egt's, with 6 inch lifted mega on 35's!

I had a 62/65/12 with just a billet before and this 62/71/12 out performs it by far! At WOT i don't see 1300 on egt's, with 6 inch lifted mega on 35's!

I love when people compare two turbochargers against each other, and reach a verdict, when they have completely different turbine wheels.

Back