Diesel Power Challenge Myth Busters

I was wondering about that. He was always spooling with that auto when I pulled agaist him. When did he go to compounds. He told me he was always running a single 66mm?
He swapped last few hooks of the year last year. As far as setup there always secretive and tell everyone different things. I'd go to a pull and hear he's running everything from a 66 to an Hx60 to a precision so you never know.

For the record mine can start right now :hehe:. I think driving in the mountains is going to humble some of those mileage claims... And Horsepower numbers. I've been 10.1 @ 141mph at the track they run at so I know I should at least do decent in that. The DA was 9040ft last time I ran there too LOL It was on cheater slicks though. We'll see how street tires hook. My season starts in Bakersfield March 20th. The same setup I'll be running for Superstreet is what I'll be using in DPC if I make it in.

For the record mine can start right now :hehe:. I think driving in the mountains is going to humble some of those mileage claims... And Horsepower numbers. I've been 10.1 @ 141mph at the track they run at so I know I should at least do decent in that. The DA was 9040ft last time I ran there too LOL It was on cheater slicks though. We'll see how street tires hook. My season starts in Bakersfield March 20th. The same setup I'll be running for Superstreet is what I'll be using in DPC if I make it in.

you got my vote . your build is awesome , truck looks awesome , numbers are real and if your gonna have it in bakersfield i might have to take the trip down , id love to see it run .

#20 has been a single charger the last 2 years. He made one hook with his manual swap. It isn't hard to bolt on a set of compound chargers.

#20 has been a single charger the last 2 years. He made one hook with his manual swap. It isn't hard to bolt on a set of compound chargers.

Changes right before DPC are why 90% of them end up breaking. They guys with proven setups, in my opinion, stand a better chance at winning.

If you have anything from a boot blowing off a few times, to a trans dying because you're trying to add more power, it might make you disqualify on one event and then good luck.

So when you say it's easy, I don't think it's as straight forward as you're thinking.

Since you are the expert you are then telling me he doesn't have a tried and true compund setup to go to?

I'm not the expert. And you said he JUST tossed it on after the last two years of having a single.

And I didn't mean tried and true for someone else, I meant for their truck.

But don't get your panties in a bunch. I was just tossing out my two cents.

Last edited:
HMM he has been pulling more than two years. Anybody that has seen this truck knows that it is a consistent competitor. I'm not saying the truck is the best but he is consistent and has been for several years with many different setups

He swapped last few hooks of the year last year. As far as setup there always secretive and tell everyone different things. I'd go to a pull and hear he's running everything from a 66 to an Hx60 to a precision so you never know.

I didn't say I believed him. LOL

Actually Takedown you are giving him too much credit he ran a larger range than that because he pulled southern WI in a teched 2.5 class. Then ran the same setup in St Croix falls where he took first place in the open class. Which I believe you were in 2 years ago

Waiting on my head to get back from the machine shop and mine will be going back together (#11). We should be well past the printed numbers with this last round of changes.

Definitely voting for Cody. That truck is awesome and great guys, plus being close to home would love to see the title brought to Tennessee.

Actually Takedown you are giving him too much credit he ran a larger range than that because he pulled southern WI in a teched 2.5 class. Then ran the same setup in St Croix falls where he took first place in the open class. Which I believe you were in 2 years ago

I know I've pulled against him a few times. I come over there to get some test hooks. I believe we've traded some wins. He beat me by 1-2ft at the Polk County fair a couple years ago. I like pulling over there. No limits, run what ya brung and hope it's enough. :) Although I'm always sporting a 2.6 charger.

What's wrong with #19's claim of 1600HP on an S366 over S480 turbo setup with a 100HP nitrous shot??? Everyone knows a G56 aluminum case manual transmission is good for a solid 750-800 HP and about 1500 ft-lbs before they completely grenade!!!!

:hehe:

Umm, I was looking at this too. What's the "larger shafts" for the G56? Are these available?

I guess I've been in the dark...I had no idea that there were so many 1100+ hp streetable trucks out there. And ones that get better than stock fuel economy.

It sure makes me feel like the misfit with my measly 640 hp and 15.3 mpg under-performer :(

Back