Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Cheap and Gay? BONUS! :hehe:
dad900b46b4acce57521d276a4cdfe8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

All the advantages of a smaller block Like less power with all the disadvantages of a big block cat. Hard on fuel and expensive to fix lol

I feel like you're incorrect to an extent... I've been in some c-15's and E's that have been walked on by c-12's.
Hell back when I worked for Ozark Crane, one of our "heavy haul" trucks was a c-10 truck and would out pull almost all our other trucks.
How is a c-12 hard on fuel and expensive to fix?

Was a poke at cat. But it is a cat so I can't imagine it being cheap to fix. Guy we haul with had one in his Pete and it couldn't pull a hill and keep up with my series 60 and couldn't get the mileage it got either. So now a c15 sits in its place in his truck because he couldn't have none of that. I'm sure a c12 can be made to outpull a c15 but i was referring to stock form engine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Was a poke at cat. But it is a cat so I can't imagine it being cheap to fix. Guy we haul with had one in his Pete and it couldn't pull a hill and keep up with my series 60 and couldn't get the mileage it got either. So now a c15 sits in its place in his truck because he couldn't have none of that. I'm sure a c12 can be made to outpull a c15 but i was referring to stock form engine.

Ah the typical cat jokes lol

There more than one way to look at it, is the way I see it.
It costs more for cat parts, but they last longer than a cummins.

Well I wouldn't go that far. Dad's pdi tuned acert does really well for mileage but the parts it requires when it brakes and work involved to replace any accessory on the motor is stupid.
As for motor life I'd say some motors have issues an require changes for longer life and other can run fine the way they are. Operator input and maintenance prob has the largest effect on that.

Last edited:
Back