Truckers, lets see your rigs!

From I've seen, the new Cummins stuff is way more expensive than cat ever was.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The people that say cat parts are expensive haven't ever bought Cummins parts. ISX injectors are $100 each more than C15 and they're not even electronic. Timing and metering actuators on ISX are $600 each and it has 4. The list goes on and on. Don't get me wrong they're both $$ but the crown goes to Cummins.

I feel like you're incorrect to an extent... I've been in some c-15's and E's that have been walked on by c-12's.
Hell back when I worked for Ozark Crane, one of our "heavy haul" trucks was a c-10 truck and would out pull almost all our other trucks.
How is a c-12 hard on fuel and expensive to fix?

C12's are good engines but are expensive to overhaul but that's similar to every small block. They are known to eat cams but can easily be made to outpull a big motor and will live there. Compared to an M11 there is no comparison in performance.

On a trip with a rental truck, MB Actros with DD13 at 450 hp, seems like there is one american engine manufacturer who know what they are doing. They must have made some some changes lately because this one pulls like 450 should, earlier they were all lazy as **ck.

6D2E7E1D-38C5-419F-876B-002D207C84D7_zpsuxydyeiy.jpg

Here's my m916a3 freightliner water truck next to a 657 scraper

Last edited:
On a trip with a rental truck, MB Actros with DD13 at 450 hp, seems like there is one american engine manufacturer who know what they are doing. They must have made some some changes lately because this one pulls like 450 should, earlier they were all lazy as **ck.

Your other truck must be a real POS if you think a DD13 is a good engine. I guess compared to the MAN chit you guys have shipped here it's only fair we return the favor.

Does anyone know where they hide the beacon wire on a 94 w9? Do I need to remove the cab roof interior?

Good luck. We did a new W9 glider without cab lights. Found the lead hidden behind the glove box, guess in the headliner would have been stupid.

Luckily they're usually pretty good at labeling them so I would start behind the dash panels. And unlike Freightliner they use more than 2 colors of wire.

Good luck. We did a new W9 glider without cab lights. Found the lead hidden behind the glove box, guess in the headliner would have been stupid.

Luckily they're usually pretty good at labeling them so I would start behind the dash panels. And unlike Freightliner they use more than 2 colors of wire.

Lol fml ya they do label pretty well. I found the beacon wire in my other 94 right at the dash with all the switches but nothing doing with it. I think it's a ground. Seems like that's how kw like to do things. So I'm assuming I need to find the hot wire somewhere an connect it to the ground.... maybe I'm wrong but on my one truck no matter what I did for fuses I couldn't get power to the one behind the panel.

Kinda unrelated. But with your kw glider, were you able to use the supplied engine harness or get one from a separate vendor? The one I got for my 389 looks close, some reworking, pin moving. and such. But not too bad. Any input?

I have a 1999 Freightliner with a Cummins N14, CPL 2591, 435hp/1800tq... I have a weak #5 Injector... Can anyone price me or tell me a reliable, fair priced supplier for (1) Injector or (6) bigger injectors? I assume they are rated in CC's or something? Would 500+ HP N14 Injectors be larger, similar to a Detroit? I have no clue and I'm trying to learn.

Thanks.

Kinda unrelated. But with your kw glider, were you able to use the supplied engine harness or get one from a separate vendor? The one I got for my 389 looks close, some reworking, pin moving. and such. But not too bad. Any input?

I took one that came off a 389 glider and repinned it and removed all the aftertreatment wiring for my engine swap. We've been telling guys to order the truck without a harness and just get one from Kustom Truck. They're $$ but they don't have all aftertreatment rats nest that you have to tuck away under the steering shaft.

Lol fml ya they do label pretty well. I found the beacon wire in my other 94 right at the dash with all the switches but nothing doing with it. I think it's a ground. Seems like that's how kw like to do things. So I'm assuming I need to find the hot wire somewhere an connect it to the ground.... maybe I'm wrong but on my one truck no matter what I did for fuses I couldn't get power to the one behind the panel.

Kenworth uses a lot of grounding switches. Switch grounds the wire to the panel which trips a relay in the fuse box.

I have a 1999 Freightliner with a Cummins N14, CPL 2591, 435hp/1800tq... I have a weak #5 Injector... Can anyone price me or tell me a reliable, fair priced supplier for (1) Injector or (6) bigger injectors? I assume they are rated in CC's or something? Would 500+ HP N14 Injectors be larger, similar to a Detroit? I have no clue and I'm trying to learn.

Thanks.

You can check with Diesel Controls, I dont recall what they carry for N14 parts.

The 525 N14 injector that I come across is 3411767.

I took one that came off a 389 glider and repinned it and removed all the aftertreatment wiring for my engine swap. We've been telling guys to order the truck without a harness and just get one from Kustom Truck. They're $$ but they don't have all aftertreatment rats nest that you have to tuck away under the steering shaft.

Kenworth uses a lot of grounding switches. Switch grounds the wire to the panel which trips a relay in the fuse box.

Ya I found that with lots of the switches. I'll pull the roof liner off and see what I find. I'm gonna have to do that to mount the strobe bracket anyway. And I'll see if I can find something behind the dash.

Back