Hood poll

To scoop or not, that is the question.

• Scoop it.

Votes: 55 63.2%
  • Leave it open.

Votes: 32 36.8%

• Total voters
I like plan A best. It would be really easy for a shop with a sheet metal brake to bend it up. I would follow the lines of the raised center section in the hood to make it look like it belongs.

Tim, what about a fiberglass clear mold over the piping? that would be sweet, and very unique?!

I think that a cowl induction hood looks good on everything, but man that is going to have to be one hell of a cowl to get over that piping, what is that like 7" higher than the hood?

I originally thought about making the entire hood out of clear, but the expense would be phenomenal.

Like any ELSE has been cheap on this build!!!!!:hehe::hehe:

i would see how the hood reacts with some speed with the hole in it....... may be a huge problem...... may have no issue at all.

test it first then see if you need to spend money.

Why not build yourself a fiberglass scoop? You can use the thick foam insulation to sculpt it and then fiberglass over that. That would be the easiest. You could make a mold that way if you damaged the hood in anyway it would be fast to build another.

Why not build yourself a fiberglass scoop? You can use the thick foam insulation to sculpt it and then fiberglass over that. That would be the easiest. You could make a mold that way if you damaged the hood in anyway it would be fast to build another.
Probably because someone that did this told him about how much work it took and of many sleepless nights before TS 2009.

I say scoop it.
That way you are adding more weight to the truck giving me a better chance :woohoo:
:tree:

Michael

I think you need to run some kind of hood, with the nitrous and water, etc, and going 100+ mph in the quarter mile, just my opinion.

Back