Hood poll

To scoop or not, that is the question.

• Scoop it.

Votes: 55 63.2%
  • Leave it open.

Votes: 32 36.8%

• Total voters
Hood3.jpg

Vaguely looks like an 2000-01 cobra r hood.

Do both and make it out of LEXAN!!! that way you get the best of both worldsLOL

I was thinking something similar.. but how about just a form fitting Lexan bump over just whats cut out? When heated it is easy to press into any shape. I was doing this in junior high shop class... though I just made a candy dish LOL

Very rough sketch of what I am thinking. Extending back towards the windshield, but not touching it.

Deranged_scoop.jpg

I like that sketch the most.

To give you some ideas, check out the Dr Performance truck, I kind of like how the hood was done:
DSC00323.jpg

Or the banks trucks:
dragtruck_gallery_07.jpg

dakota-main.jpg

Derek

I like the second pic... Leaving it open just make it seem like you got alllllllmost done, and said screw it lets go race. It's not a finished truck until ya fix that big hole in the hood..

kinda diggin the dr performance one!!... maybe a few more close ups of the nurse on the right will help!!! HEHE

Since it is a ford, I have always liked the old tear drop scoop, nostalgia, but as wide as you would need it I don't know if you could get it to work.

i vote for leave it open, my tubes wont clear either and i plan on just leaving a hole in the hood.

Now, if the boost, NOS, or whatever-you're-hiding lines were not visible, I would have voted keeping it open.

Or scoop it enough that the middle pipe is showing and nothing else.

i say either option #2 or leave it open. too bad your so far away. i like doing fiberglass work and not half bad at it.

i voted to keep it open. it looks better open to me than with a cowl hood. wouldn't have to worry about the pain in the a$$ it will be tryin to clear all of those pipes and it keep things cooler under the hood. about the air catchin it and rippin it off, i dont see this being a problem with a few extra hold down screws. just my .02

How about Dirt Track Style?? Gives the best of both worlds. I like open, but its not that clean.

Heres a general idea. Basically a bump to get the air over the pipes and not catch the hood!

scoop2.jpg

Back