To scoop or not, that is the question.

• Scoop it.

Votes: 55 63.2%
  • Leave it open.

Votes: 32 36.8%

• Total voters

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
I cut the hood out yesterday, and its far better looking than I thought, but I would like some opinions on whether to clean it up, (its a very rough opening right now), and leave it as is with the piping visible, or make a multy layer hood. One level across on both sides to follow the contour of the intermediate pipe, and then another level covering the highest section of the pipe. Kind of the Darren morrison truck hood? Give me your opinions please.

hood_1.jpg

hood_3.jpg

hood4.jpg

hood2.jpg

I think I'd raise both sides to the same level starting at the raised hood line then another bump in the middle. Going down the track the air may catch the tubing and suck the hood up if uncovered.

Just so you can remember what Darrens truck looks like, and cause its cool as hell.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsGkFKTkRc0[/MEDIA]

I think I'd raise both sides to the same level starting at the raised hood line then another bump in the middle. Going down the track the air may catch the tubing and suck the hood up if uncovered.

Thats exactly the scoop design I am thinking of. As far as it getting air under it, look at the funnycar, john has a huge opening in the hood with no problems.

I kinda like it open. Plus, it would keep some air going over everything and help out a lil to keep it a lil cooler.

Couple of quick sketches.. very rough, but you can get the idea of the shape.

Hood1.jpg

Hood2.jpg

Hood3.jpg

The second one is almost exactly what I have in mind, and actually sketched out at work the other day. Yes I was flying, but I was bored. LOL

i kinda like the second design but i know the first one will be a bit easier.

The second one is almost exactly what I have in mind, and actually sketched out at work the other day. Yes I was flying, but I was bored. LOL

Yea, i'm bored at work and figured i'd play around a bit.

I like the second one as well.

I like the third design the most... I think it'd with the lines of the truck better.

I like both ides and looks. The race trucks of Dr. performance also have a similar hood where there is a normal cowl hood then there is another raised part for the turbo and piping on the passenger side. I think either way its going to look sweet. Cant wait to see it run down the track.

Do both and make it out of LEXAN!!! that way you get the best of both worldsLOL

Do both and make it out of LEXAN!!! that way you get the best of both worldsLOL

HA, Greased Lightning!

Idk that's a tough one. I think a cowl hood is the way to go. I like profile B the best.

i say make a fiberglass mold right over how it is now and just mold it onto the hood.

or just raise the entire center section of the hood and have it extend to the windsheild. just cut it long ways along the side raised portion and make your own full length cowl.

Back