Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Down around Hillsboro somewhere. I forget exactly. We looked at that truck probably 10 years ago when we was trying to sell us a different Kenworth he had. I should try to find his number.

Chris

It must be well hidden, I don't remember ever seeing anything around, should have been an extended hood as well I believe.

I think it was a 72 W900...I don't believe it was long hood due to the lack of radiator. It really wasn't that big of a V12, only 300hp non turbo. I think it was roughly 700 cubes or so.

Chris

What makes you think I'd let him buy it if I found it. I love air cooled Deutz's

Chris

Yeah it is pretty much worthless to me, but damn it is unique.

My interest was if it were a long hood, though I know they were small I was thinking the oil coolers took up a good bit of room.

Usually oil coolers on Deutz laid on top the Vee or on the back above the flywheel. They always tried to make them cleanly packaged so they would fit and retrofit easily.

I'd love to have it. Pretty much worthless as a big truck, but would make a cool ass old single axle toter.

Chris

Yeah, think it was that yellow extended hood A I tracked down after the guy wouldn’t tell me exactly where it was or who owned it.

Nice, and here I thought google earth was just to creep on people to see what kind of mess you are getting into trying to get a truck and 53' detach in their driveway.

Chris

I went from all aluminum 24.5’s, and lopro tires, to the small super singles and matching height lopro 22.5 steers on my Western Star. Weighed it, drove 6 miles, changed wheels, drove back to the scales and reweighed and had dropped 450 lbs.
I did it for weight savings because everything we did we got paid by weight.
Made zero difference on fuel mileage, didn’t handle any different on the road (I went with the offset ones) but they were horrible on sloppy mud that about all the dairy’s had. Duals would cut in and let you get down to the hard base and keep going whereas the supers would try to float.
I liked them for what I did, but sure don’t think everyone needs to run them.
I got 130-135,000 miles out of Michelin XDN2’s doing what I did. Last 12 months I hauled feed I was loaded 82% of the time, grossing 84,000-90,000 lbs, drove 95,000 miles, and would typically run 22-25 loads a week so I was into and out of a lot of rail sidings, feed mills, and dairy’s. Lots of turning etc.
A friend of mine got 300000 miles out of Michelins, doing flatbed work around Canada and USA, International Prostar or whatever US crap that truck was.

A friend of mine got 300000 miles out of Michelins, doing flatbed work around Canada and USA, International Prostar or whatever US crap that truck was.

Us crap truck is right, horrible POS only to be made worse with the Euro crap Maxxforce engine.

Sold my truck, should I apply for canadian working permit and come over there to drive those greatest US trucks ?

Sold my truck, should I apply for canadian working permit and come over there to drive those greatest US trucks ?

Sorry you must meet this list of requirements to be a foreign driver in the US:

-Must only own sweatpants

-Must consider bucket to be indoor plumbing

-Must accept our lord and savior Jesus Christ and display it openly on your freightliner

-Must only use weatherchecked bald tires on the steers

-Must only put money into truck once it stops moving

If you meet the above requirements you will fit in quite well with the rest of them.

Back