My p pump swap.

For ventilation I have a vented tappet cover, breather in the valve cover, and I use the second oil drain in my block that I used for the twins.

Im gonna run in and see what happens with just the two in the valve cover and then if i need more i think i will just put a remote one in my front access cover. Pete do you have any pics of where you put yours in the second oil drain?

It is the same thing as the drain nipple that your turbo drains into the block. You just have to remove the freeze plug from the back hole and put the nipple in and run a 7/8" hose.

I like it, he did a good job. Do bad you can't do that on an automatic. :frown:

Yes you can. I did it man, very easy. Used my factory vp cable which came on my manual truck which was converted to work with my auto conversion and now my p-pump.

It is the same thing as the drain nipple that your turbo drains into the block. You just have to remove the freeze plug from the back hole and put the nipple in and run a 7/8" hose.

Pete does your new 913 pump have 5k's in it? Just wondering how it drives.

I don't know if it is a 4k or 5k but before the HG blew it would scream past 4k. Once I get some re-torqes done I will see what it will turn.

Is your throttle like really touchy or not? I tried driving my truck again today and with a little practice i did better than the other day but its still not friendly at all to drive. Taking off with my 6 speed is a nightmare. Just wondering how touchy your throttle is. Im gonna take a click or two out of my gsk and see if it helps

Is your throttle like really touchy or not? I tried driving my truck again today and with a little practice i did better than the other day but its still not friendly at all to drive. Taking off with my 6 speed is a nightmare. Just wondering how touchy your throttle is. Im gonna take a click or two out of my gsk and see if it helps

Mine is a little touchy but With an auto it isnt too bad.

ok guys im trying to get rid on my touchiness on my throttle and im trying to take a few clicks out of my gsk, problem is i can only got the one side adjusted (where springs are visible). Where do i adjust it on the other side? As i bar the motor over i see like two peg looking deals but they dont seem like they wanna turn?

i no this is a little off topic but for the oil feed what size hole did you use? cause i have heard that it needs to resricted when it put on the other side of the pump

Im not sure what size was on it. There was a fitting already on the pump with a hole already in it so i just used that but im sure someone else will be able to tell you.

from what i have heard and read that fitting is too bigg i foung the right one but i dont know how to get ahold of jd's diesel to buy it

ok guys im trying to get rid on my touchiness on my throttle and im trying to take a few clicks out of my gsk, problem is i can only got the one side adjusted (where springs are visible). Where do i adjust it on the other side? As i bar the motor over i see like two peg looking deals but they dont seem like they wanna turn?

Bar the engine over one full revolution to bring the other flyweight into view.

Back