My p pump swap.

That sucks! I machined a plug that screw in place of the #1 DV holder that locks the pump in place, it works awesome but you need to set injection timing by rotating the crank.

well i got the pump off relatively quick...only took about 25 mins or so but but i took off the AFC housing and fuel plate and the inspection circle cover off and i couldnt find the plastic pieces and couldnt get anything to fall out, but i set the pump upside down for the night and if they dont fall out im gonna try blowing some air in there and hopefully i can the pieces out.

I'm guessing you tried torqueing the nut a bit with the pin still in place? Take the inspection cover off the back of the pump as well, gives you good access, and you can look through there with a flashlight in the plate/AFC hole.

I usually go 180 ft-lbs when I torque the nut. Never had a pump slip. I put my new pump on Tuesday at a buddies house, he only had a wrench that went to 150 ft-lbs. Torqued it that, first WOT blast she slipped and killed the truck. Spent two hours on the side of the road resetting it again. Wouldn't have been bad, but had to make two trips back in to town (was about 10km outside on the highway) to get pliers and brake clean. Lesson learned, anyway.

Well good news. IT RUNS!!!:rockwoot: Got it running a few hours ago. Got the plastic tab i broke off in my pump out this morning thank god, that was gonna drive me nuts knowing it was in there. It runs really smooth, smoother than my vp IMO. Idles great right around 800-850. Got a few little fuel leaks on my return line but i will get that fixed tomorrow and get it out on the road!!. Heres a few more pics and a short video.

Ppumpandgolf026.jpg

Ppumpandgolf027.jpg

Ppumpandgolf028.jpg

Ppumpandgolf029.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RufrYx2ENsI

Jerrod glover on here sells the access hole kit. The cover came with the kit i bought from roachie and it the access hole was already welded on the cover

when you get your cable hooked up to the pump for the shutoff, post a pic of how you did it. i got the cable and everything ran, i just need a piece to hold the cable in place so when i pull it to shut it off it doesnt move. Also what springs and dv's are in your pump?

when you get your cable hooked up to the pump for the shutoff, post a pic of how you did it. i got the cable and everything ran, i just need a piece to hold the cable in place so when i pull it to shut it off it doesnt move. Also what springs and dv's are in your pump?

Yea i gotta rig something up for my shut down cable to get it the way i want i will let you know what i do. I had seth put in 4k springs but he said he did some tweaking and he said it should do 5k. Stock dv's for now....pretty sure they are 181s? Seth said it would flow 550 with the plate full forward which will be more than enough for me.

Yea i gotta rig something up for my shut down cable to get it the way i want i will let you know what i do. I had seth put in 4k springs but he said he did some tweaking and he said it should do 5k. Stock dv's for now....pretty sure they are 181s? Seth said it would flow 550 with the plate full forward which will be more than enough for me.

It has 181's.

Ok i got my radiator and intercooler back on and everything back on. I started it up again today and now it wont idle right. As soon as i turn the the truck it idles at like 800rpm or so and then after a few seconds it begins to climb. up to around 1200-1300 rpm and sounds like its wanting to go higher but i shut it off before it went any higher. Im a newb when it comes to this stuff and dont even know where to begin.

Ok i got my radiator and intercooler back on and everything back on. I started it up again today and now it wont idle right. As soon as i turn the the truck it idles at like 800rpm or so and then after a few seconds it begins to climb. up to around 1200-1300 rpm and sounds like its wanting to go higher but i shut it off before it went any higher. Im a newb when it comes to this stuff and dont even know where to begin.

I would start with the idle adjustment and if that doesn't work you need to adjust the gov. springs and then idle.

Back