New Prostock build seen in Edmonton

Even in the 7s, still had plenty of smoke to clean up. Should be interesting. Only reason I pack earplugs to NHRDA events ;)

My hearing wasn't pleased with me when I shot the video of its first pass since I could only plug the one ear. Worth it though.

Even in the 7s, still had plenty of smoke to clean up. Should be interesting. Only reason I pack earplugs to NHRDA events ;)

The builder, Curtis, doesn't tune it. The owners want it to smoke as part of the "diesel" show.

There have been some updates to this unit over the winter. I don't know all of the details, but what i do know is that the engine got a full rework with RPS Diesel in Morinville. Well known shop for making good stuff. Looks like they went to a whole new head set up that should eliminate the rocker problems they had before and flow a BUNCH more air.

This can be seen with the MASSIVE new valve set up. The bottom end stayed the same as far as i can tell, and i think the fuelling up front is the same. Look to be a higher ratio on the blower, so it might be sitting closer to the 3:1 rather the 2.73:1 it was at end of season. Pretty excited to see it move again.

1916696_463789437151513_1182545906220554073_n_zps3bkshz4n.jpg

The "new head set up" is a pair of old John Force hemi heads. With injectors in the spark plug holes. 'Course they flow more.......lift is .800, the diesel head is .650.

The "rocker problems" were because they're supposed to be pre-oiled before running the engine. That wasn't done, result was overheated and melted aluminum.

With those hemi heads it'll need domed pistons, bottom end wouldn't be the same.

needed more air, that's for sure. From what i heard, the heads originally were poorly designed, or maybe a better way to say, had room for improvement. That led to other things i guess.

Those are prototype heads, the first ever. Curtis will tell you that they can be improved upon, anything new can be. They were started from scratch and there'll be changes as they're developed. He's begun a second generation set now.

Back