New Prostock build seen in Edmonton

Relayed to the team in the most inefficient way i know, FB. I have a suspicion them leaving this morning means they are looking for some T&T time down there.

I'm a little sad I missed this thread. I saw it in Edmonton. Though I thought I heard them say 2000hp was the goal

That D rotor PSI is worth about $15k

Pulley looks close to the same size as ours, currently setup at 96%

If the pistons, rods and crank are new, not worn out **** with a bunch of passes, it'll live just fine. Blown Top Alcohol cars spin like 11.3k RPM on the starting line.

Definitely curious to see it work!

Seems like it's fuelling way too hard down low. Kind of wonder if that's why it's bogging so bad off the line

They said in the fb page they intended to leave soft. As well they had the smallest tune in the truck.

That does explain how it seemed like it bogged down compared to the burnout video. Though it still looks like it's fuelling too hard at the bottom

This thing is so cool. Had the chance to see it at Ennis a few weeks ago, and talk to Brian a little. All those guys were very cool and professional. Can't wait to see it dialed in, gonna be fast.

The likelihood of it setting records is not the best, but it will definitely turn heads once it gets to its peak performance values, and help push the whole diesel racing industry in new directions hopefully.

BUT THEN....

There is the other smaller chance that it will make close to or even pass its conventional fuel counterpart engines in power and be nothing more than a handful at best to keep straight while it savagely r@pes tires and tracks.

Either situation will be exciting to see and watch in the future.

I think they just got it running again about a week ago. Be cool if it's at the finals...I still say 30-40psi and a fogger under the blower!

Back