New Prostock build seen in Edmonton

Who's the crackhead that put the dyno controls right next to the engine? LOL
The same guy who didn't plan on having a diesel with a blower and exhaust right out of the headers on his dyno.
Any guess's what it was putting out on the dyno? Figured it would have had more lift in the front if it was getting it done.
I have a feeling that motor will spin a lot more than 3800 rpms. And I also think there is a lot more air on deck to clean up that smoke.
Is this the engine greggy has been preaching about for the last 5 years?

No. Not at all. Not even close

Last edited:
Well rumor has it they were a little over 2000hp shy of the engine builders prediction of "2500hp". Word on the street is it didn't even break 500whp.

In bad luck news the other rumor is it broke a rocker or some piece of the valve train and isn't running at all at the NHRDA finals.

Well rumor has it they were a little over 2000hp shy of the engine builders prediction of "2500hp". Word on the street is it didn't even break 500whp.

In bad luck news the other rumor is it broke a rocker or some piece of the valve train and isn't running at all at the NHRDA finals.

Don't listen to rumor / "word on the street". They got no numbers from the dyno.

Two rocker arms broke on the line in Texas, one on each bank. Before startup the valve covers need to come off and the rockers are supposed to be oiled. They weren't.

Don't listen to rumor / "word on the street". They got no numbers from the dyno.

Two rocker arms broke on the line in Texas, one on each bank. Before startup the valve covers need to come off and the rockers are supposed to be oiled. They weren't.

I'd probably claim no numbers too, if my " 2500 HP" engine only made 500.

These are some of the nicest guys in racing, I really hope they can get it worked out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing because the truck broke on the first pass that was slow as hell. So they take the botched trap speed and do the math. Seems legit lol

These are some of the nicest guys in racing, I really hope they can get it worked out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I agree Brian and his guys are great competitors and good guys.

Curtis however I have nothing good to say about, so I will say nothing.

I'd love to hear where you guys got your 500 hp figure from...

An employee of the shop that the truck was dyno'd at.

I'm guessing because the truck broke on the first pass that was slow as hell. So they take the botched trap speed and do the math. Seems legit lol

I didn't even know it tried to make a pass, I read about the broken rocker in the comments on diesel tv during the coverage.

I've spent a pile of time on a chassis dyno and even simply by how the chassis was acting in the vid it sure wasn't making power a pile of power.

I'm sure they'll get it figured out. Too bad they didn't at least get one good hit out of it at finals. That's a hella long drive.

stop bashin..most of yall aint running nothin but yer mouth...props to em

I agree Brian and his guys are great competitors and good guys.

Curtis however I have nothing good to say about, so I will say nothing.

An employee of the shop that the truck was dyno'd at.

I didn't even know it tried to make a pass, I read about the broken rocker in the comments on diesel tv during the coverage.

Don't jump to such drastic conclusions that the motor doesn't make any power , I recall a Cummins that we dyno'd on that same chassis dyno and it took several pulls over two nights to dial that truck in with a few "500hp" runs and ended over 1400hp, both due to under experienced dyno operators (myself and the guy running it in these videos) and quarkey high HP motors.... Two dyno pulls were made on Brian's truck that night, both with useless dyno readings and trying to dial in that "power @ 50" number on the mustang dyno.

The engine has lots of air and obviously fuel lol, once the bugs are worked out it will be a monster. The diesel world needs a lot less hate amongst its competitors and more encouragement for new ideas and concepts of making power.

Well said Chad.

If you talk to any of the guys that were directly involved in this build they will all tell you that the truck was driving through the converter and I can see that it would. This truck is going to make some big power and once they get it all sorted out it is going to change the diesel world.

Curtis knows what he is doing. I would trust him when it comes to some big power. He has done some amazing things over his years of being in the gas and diesel industry.

whats in it for a trans then? not running a fuel car style clutch then?

Not 100% sure what trans is in it. I never got to that.

as far as I know its something with a converter.

Well it's a bit of a drive to my place but if they want to do some actual dyno tuning on a dual brake superflow dyno with full instrumentation and someone that actually knows how to run a dyno my winter's are pretty free. Don't charge for it either. Maybe...just maybe they'd even top my fuel number......:poke:

Back