03/04 updates?

I think it will be worked on after they finish the 94-98 trucks :lolly:

I have read elsewhere where they were shooting for a summer release for 03-05's..

I'm waiting patiently too :woohoo:

Cindy has stated it they are hoping for a mid year release. My 03 is bone stock right down to the air filter. Maybe I'll pull the trigger on this haha

Up until a few days ago we only had a 2003 ECM here and we weren't sure it was working 100%, Mr FedEx just delivered 3 x 2004/2005 ECM's. However, that doesn't mean we drop everything to work on them, they join the queue like everything else.
Everyone wants to know 'how long', unfortunately when it comes to the work we do it's pointless giving a time frame, I guarantee we won't hit the target. This is our first venture in to the SCI bus, it might be simple, it might be the biggest challenge we've faced.
What I can say after extracting the data from the ECM using the CPU's debug port is the 2005 maps look very similar to the 2006+ which is a good thing.

Up until a few days ago we only had a 2003 ECM here and we weren't sure it was working 100%, Mr FedEx just delivered 3 x 2004/2005 ECM's. However, that doesn't mean we drop everything to work on them, they join the queue like everything else.
Everyone wants to know 'how long', unfortunately when it comes to the work we do it's pointless giving a time frame, I guarantee we won't hit the target. This is our first venture in to the SCI bus, it might be simple, it might be the biggest challenge we've faced.
What I can say after extracting the data from the ECM using the CPU's debug port is the 2005 maps look very similar to the 2006+ which is a good thing.

Guessing the 03-05 ecms are going to be pretty much the same being their both SCI?

Guessing the 03-05 ecms are going to be pretty much the same being their both SCI?

There are 2 forms of software in an ECM - the software for the parameters that control the vehicle, and the software that allows us to communicate with the ECM (in this case SCI)

From what we've seen, the 2004 and 2005 are very similar to the CAN 2006-07 5.9L, but the 2003 is simpler. What that means in terms of tuning won't be known until there are trucks reporting back on their results with tuning.

The second form of software, the part that allows us to communicate with the ECM is completely foreign to us - wish us luck, we'll need it!

Cheers
Cindy

If we were only playin with horseshoes or hand grenades close would count.

03 is simpler, check. Got it now.

Thanks

I know you probably have a gazillion trucks being volunteered for BETA testing, but if you need another one let me know. My boyfriend is planning on using EFILive as soon as it becomes available for the 04.5 trucks. He has a dedicated sled pulling truck here in Texas. He will be looking for performance tunes with lots of RPMs.

I have a mildly modified 04 that I can give up for a while for someone to mess with when it comes out... gives me a reason to stop pulling a trailer and transporting everyone elses vehicles.

Im like a kid in a candy store got the flashscan etc here in the shop waiting for my pull truck. Good thing we use it on other customers. My tow rig and my puller need this so i can ditch the other stuff that on them.

I talk to Zac @ StarLite to see how things are doing with it.

Back