MY p-pump swap/ motor rebuild pics...

Anyone have an idea why my tach isn't working? I swapped in a gasser guage cluster out of a V10 truck and everything works EXCEPT the tach. If I rev it in nuetral it wiggles a bit but thats about it... I'm going to swap in the stock cluster and try it out to see if its the cam sensor by chance or the cluster itself.

Well, How's it running. I'm stuck at a standstill so I'm going through other people's success on the forums now LOL

Well... I put the stock cluster back in, same results :( Tach still no workie and now I'm getting sporadic oil pressure readings, so now I'm scared to start it. The good note is, when it was running, I got the idle slowed down and its pretty smooth now. On the solenoid I think I got the pull and hold wires flip-flopped... they worked, but after running for a minute or 2 the solenoid got so hot the paint on it started to melt! And if anyone is curious I ditched the relay cause it was confusing the hell out of me with the extra wires and per 2wdpuller's advice I went to a simple(yeah right) 3 wire scheme.

On a brighter note, I did get my tires swapped up from the H2 rims to my Centerlines that I had painted... I think they look great. Too bad the truck is dirty as hell and the wheels look spotless. A mitercut stack, no raincap and a few inches of rain over the past few weeks makes for a dirty truck and workarea, lol.
DSCF3549.jpg

DSCF3552.jpg

DSCF3551.jpg

Back