MY p-pump swap/ motor rebuild pics...

How come you put the cam in before putting the timing case on?

My friend Ben that is building it for me is a Diesel Tech teacher at a Vocational/Technical High School and was using it that day to teach a class on how to degree in a cam. I'm actually waiting for the right keyway so we can do it right, lol.

Took a few more pics today, didn't get a whole lot done, but at least I went through my bolt buckets and started figuring where they all went back in...
Hopefully we can get it in the truck next week... baring any more setbacks.
DSCF3338.jpg

DSCF3337.jpg

DSCF3340.jpg

Got the pump on for a test fit along with the timing gear gousing obviously. Cam is degreed in and piston to valve clearance checked... Getting down to crunch time now...
DSCF3351.jpg

DSCF3347.jpg

DSCF3350.jpg

Its getting close... I think all I have left to do before I drop it between the rails is install the oilpan, rear trans adapter, pump gear, front cover and reinstall the ATI dampner with the new fan clutch spacer. I quit trying to get it ready for TS, but I definitely need to get it as close to running as possible by Friday... schools out in two weeks and I'm getting evicted LOL
DSCF3364.jpg

DSCF3359.jpg

DSCF3354.jpg

I also need to get all my parts for my coolant bypass... I spent an hour at the hardware store pricing fittings, valves and hoses. I might go to an actual plumbing supply though or Ebay to get a better price though.

Where did you find your fan spacer adapter? I called Flexalite the other day and was on hold for like 30 min so i hung up and i havn't had a chance to call them back yet. I got the ATS t4 manifold in and the s465 should be in this week. After that, install wiring harness, fill with fluids and fire up hopefully. Tim

Where did you find your fan spacer adapter? I called Flexalite the other day and was on hold for like 30 min so i hung up and i havn't had a chance to call them back yet. I got the ATS t4 manifold in and the s465 should be in this week. After that, install wiring harness, fill with fluids and fire up hopefully. Tim

I'm having my neighbor, thats a machinist at Chrysler make me one... I wasn't aware anyone even sold one? It was my understanding, after buying one, that everyone runs either an electric fan or no fan at all.:doh:This adapter he is making is simple enough though, so maybe when I'm done other people might be interested in a few for a few bucks...? When its all said and done it should push the clutch/fan blades approx. 1/2-9/16" forward... just enough to clear the 12 pt bolt heads that stick out of the adapter. If its still to close for comfort I'll mill the heads down 1/32-1/16" for insurance. I would be afraid to go forward more than 9/16" since on my dad's 01 there is only 1" clearance from the radiator to the front of the fan clutch fins... When I get it back, I'll make sure to show everyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about some pics that I'll take.

Well, its finally in! Far from finished, but its inbetween the rails now LOL Now I have to try and remember where all those wires go... :bang I'm shooting for a Friday afternoon start-up. Only time will tell. And sorry about the camera phone pics, my brother has my good digital.

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

Well, easy part is done! Now its time for the ever continueing tracking down wires, fixing leaks, solving problems.

Dont worry, wireing realy isnt that hard, most sensors only got to one plug!

Good luck finishing it up and I hope you have better luck than I did!

Well, easy part is done! Now its time for the ever continueing tracking down wires, fixing leaks, solving problems.

Dont worry, wireing realy isnt that hard, most sensors only got to one plug!

Good luck finishing it up and I hope you have better luck than I did!

Yeah, luckily each plug can only go in one place... though, I spent 90 minutes today just trying to get the powersteering pump shaft back together. That thing was starting to piss me off:bang

Got a few more from this week... I'm getting evicted tomorrow, so I put the motor on hold today so I could put the clutch in while I have access to a tranny jack and concrete floor. Gravel alleyways suck to lay on, LOL Basically I'm down to just the wireing harness, some lines and a few odds and ends to include throwing the frontend back on... And man is that elbow close to the frame on that s400.

Got some pics of my ACE hardware coolant bypass too :D
DSCF3392.jpg

DSCF3391.jpg

DSCF3396.jpg

DSCF3393.jpg

DSCF3395.jpg

Looking good man. I really like the colors.

Thanks! I have a few spots up front I sanded the paint off thinking something bolted there and it didn't, so I'm going to tape them off later(before the fan, etc.) and paint a coat or two... that bare metal looks like crap to me.

Thanks! I have a few spots up front I sanded the paint off thinking something bolted there and it didn't, so I'm going to tape them off later(before the fan, etc.) and paint a coat or two... that bare metal looks like crap to me.

Too bad they won't let you finish in the shop, you are real close now. When I went to school at Vale Tech, I got a job working for the school. I had keys to every building & was allowed access any time. I finished a few projects in the evenings. You need to get ahold of the guy with the keys.:hehe:

My buddy thats the teacher has keys to the shop, but he has to empty it out and clean it before the school year ends... that means everything! He is going to reseal the floor, etc... At least he helped me get all the hard/heavy stuff done, no way I would have been able to do half of it myself. Always pays to keep good friends on the payroll :D Thanks Ben!

By the way, does anyone have some valvecover bolts and grommets they don't need lying around? I can't seem to find mine... :doh:

Back