Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Hahaha
bcc4119e4c3137085ba27e218752535a.jpg

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Like I said, might be time to tie the top and bottom together.
e995e815a4f4098a582096d9c0078f4a.jpg
aff5279e7bfb1d7f8ab70c900645dcb6.jpg
7000af75ac24a7c0dc8152a9395f1acf.jpg

That is a great way to tie the block together! In the pictures above you can see were the casting on the block is thin. I am sure the harmonics and vibration of that block with that power it makes just rattles the engine apart.

My question is, will this prevent the block from cracking? Or just keep it from blowing apart like Black Sheep or Jacked Up did?

I don't see how this can prevent block failures, just prevent complete catastrophic failure.

A cracked cam bore is fixable by replacing the block. The Black Sheep and Jacked Up failures are practically a whole new setup.

I'm surprised the euro boy hasn't chimed in to inform you knuckle daggers that the real cause of failure was the compound turbos, too much back pressure on the cylinders!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm surprised the euro boy hasn't chimed in to inform you knuckle daggers that the real cause of failure was the compound turbos, too much back pressure on the cylinders!

That, and also, according to him, worthless American junk engines.

My question is, will this prevent the block from cracking? Or just keep it from blowing apart like Black Sheep or Jacked Up did?

I don't see how this can prevent block failures, just prevent complete catastrophic failure.

A cracked cam bore is fixable by replacing the block. The Black Sheep and Jacked Up failures are practically a whole new setup.

I would assume it would stop almost all the issues. It becomes deckplated with that setup so like the super stock pickups the Cyl explosion is happening in the 1” plate and not being contained in the block. The longer rods keep the side load off the liner. All the pressure is up and down and obviously it’s splitting where the head bolts stop. They’re not blowing out the side of the blocks. I haven’t heard of much Cyclone Machine has come up with that didn’t work.

But according to the European mouth breather they’re only making about 800hp and a stock D12 Volvo can do that with TDI turbo.

Not surprised that happened, the same guy use to run a blown 4wd truck w/ OSTPA years ago and if it made 2 passes without blowing up it was unusual.

I would assume it would stop almost all the issues. It becomes deckplated with that setup so like the super stock pickups the Cyl explosion is happening in the 1” plate and not being contained in the block. The longer rods keep the side load off the liner. All the pressure is up and down and obviously it’s splitting where the head bolts stop. They’re not blowing out the side of the blocks. I haven’t heard of much Cyclone Machine has come up with that didn’t work.

But according to the European mouth breather they’re only making about 800hp and a stock D12 Volvo can do that with TDI turbo.

I guess I didnt think of it becoming a deck plate engine with longer rods. Makes sense.

But I was thinking the issue was the amount of manifold pressure these motors were making that caused the failures. As you mentioned the breakage seems to be at the bottom of the head bolts in the cam bore where the block is the thinnest. This failure doesn't seem to happen to any of the single turbo motors, just the three charger motors.

Putting a head on a 7fb. Should I replace head bolts? I
have no engine history, other than last person to work on it does not know how to drill manifold bolts out.

I vote replace, but have reused hundreds at this point.

If it has a dent, pit, stretched/bottlenecked, chuck'em all if you are comfortable with the expense.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

have no engine history, other than last person to work on it does not know how to drill manifold bolts out.

Another thing I like to watch/feel for is if they come up on torque evenly. Have a few new ones on had for if some take more rotation than others.

That low of compression and stock power will probably be ok. In the previous guys defense those could have been the stainless manifold studs they tried for a while.

That low of compression and stock power will probably be ok. In the previous guys defense those could have been the stainless manifold studs they tried for a while.

No they weren't, because ports one and two still had pieces in there. When they got to the head they quit and tapped them out 5/16. Then rammed bolts in with a impact.

So, I guess there's been some local super trucker excitement today. High speed pursuit on 161/16. Wife called me on my way to work to see if I'd taken 161 or 70 today, 70 btw. Sent me some screenshots from Facebook about it. Curious if anyone knows anymore?
a18dd0d58ee3ba8c13f71b7b0068e8ac.jpg
170c3401189051a81321ca966e277513.jpg
5e1456487e998ec0e5b83a4d5ea455a5.jpg
1bdaa5297b2d5845adc64544d1455440.jpg
655116cade540ee55dc466939c0a6ed7.jpg

Kinda sad for the police that they cant keep up with a semi! Must have been tuned by our very own Faulkner! And finally it's done.
de6fb7b7e9770a1f7c5c498ccd0701bd.jpg
b271febdec68512b00d1dc7ab6dd5133.jpg

That’s more exciting that the one on 30 a few weeks ago. Guy stole a Volvo daycab and the cops ended up shooting him. Can you imagine completely embarrassing your family forever by dying in a Volvo?

Back