Budget Beater!

Any plans to change out the LSD?

Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm just breaking out into the racing world, but wouldn't a locker or a spool help you hook up better and produce better 60' times?

Or would it make it worse?

Any plans to change out the LSD?

Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm just breaking out into the racing world, but wouldn't a locker or a spool help you hook up better and produce better 60' times?

Or would it make it worse?

The LSD hasn't failed me yet and I have been pullin 1.60 60fts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A locker for a purpose built race truck would be ideal but I put over 5k miles on the truck last year and was cutting amazing 60 fts for my setup so I left it as is.

Getting close!

While on the rear end topic I have a question. My truck has factory LSD according to underhood sticker. At low parking lot speeds the rear end chatters/hops slightly when turning. Does your factory LSD do this or is it possible mine was welded together by a previous owner.

Getting close!

While on the rear end topic I have a question. My truck has factory LSD according to underhood sticker. At low parking lot speeds the rear end chatters/hops slightly when turning. Does your factory LSD do this or is it possible mine was welded together by a previous owner.

My old 2001 did this. I never worried about it too much cause it always spun both tires :hehe:. I have seen broken clutch discs cause this issue in other applications though.

Go time! First 10 minute test drive was awesome! Too late to go play. Tomorrow I'll have more time!

yzu8uza8.jpg

5ysany6y.jpg

5u4epu2y.jpg

Still have a lot of tuning to do but she made some good passes. This is a completely different truck now and took me a bit to get used to. Best 60ft was a 1.53 so she is hooking crazy hard off the line. Was having a few issues with my gauges towards the end so not sure if they are 100% accurate but I was making 75psi boost and the drive pressure gauge was pegged at 100psi. Egts were about 1900. Truck ran stupid clean down the track even with the plate full forward. Finally got my 10s though and was able to pull off a 3rd place finish in Super Street!

a4abapyv.jpg

Awesome! I'm so glad to see you and will in the 10's. I'm sure you will get it down even faster as you get everything out of the setup. Damn that truck sure dies 60' well.

The 1.73 60ft was a 10psi launch. The 1.56 and 1.53 60fts were 15-18psi launches. Need rear disc brakes and wider slicks and I think I can get into the 1.4s

The 1.73 60ft was a 10psi launch. The 1.56 and 1.53 60fts were 15-18psi launches. Need rear disc brakes and wider slicks and I think I can get into the 1.4s

I asked Phil Taylor why his drag truck didn't have rear disc's at TS last year and he said the drums actually held better??:what:

I asked Phil Taylor why his drag truck didn't have rear disc's at TS last year and he said the drums actually held better??:what:

That's crazy cause mine only hold 15psi. 18psi max!

That's crazy cause mine only hold 15psi. 18psi max!

I would have thought so too but I've hung out with him at a couple of races.....he didn't *appear* to be bull ****ting me but I dunno LOL

Drums will hold at a stop better. More surface area on the shoes vs disc brakes. Twin discs or a pinion brake will hold better than drums obviously.

Back