Budget Beater!

Been awhile since I've posted but I've been having oil pressure issues all year since after the Bakersfield race when I scored the cylinders and had to get a new block. Finally discovered that the block I got from the machine shop is junk and has been leaking internally because of a crack the entire time that was never found when they first had the block. Time to move on to the 4th machine shop in town to see if they know what they are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a block @ the shop Burton uses, punched .020 over, crank thats 10/10, a set of rods, piston w/.100 shaved off the top (no one wanted to fly cut them) and ceramic/moly coated. i've told a couple people about it and no one want to pay the machine shop for the work. pay Burton for the machine work and send me my pocket knife and hat back and its all yours

Just finished reading through every page. I am thoroughly impressed with your numbers!
You don't mean Bakersfield Ca do you?

Okay guys and gals. It's that time of the year to tear down and possibly go bigger and badder. I'm one of the only 2wd trucks in Super Street that I know of which means I have weight on my side. I have a few turbo ideas rolling around in my head but want to see what you all think. Looking to make around 1200 HP fuel only and shoot to break the SS record currently held by Ben Shadday. My biggest restriction is the stock mildly ported head but I think it can be done. My 66/83 compound setup now is around 1000 HP but being pushed past it limits.

Okay guys and gals. It's that time of the year to tear down and possibly go bigger and badder. I'm one of the only 2wd trucks in Super Street that I know of which means I have weight on my side. I have a few turbo ideas rolling around in my head but want to see what you all think. Looking to make around 1200 HP fuel only and shoot to break the SS record currently held by Ben Shadday. My biggest restriction is the stock mildly ported head but I think it can be done. My 66/83 compound setup now is around 1000 HP but being pushed past it limits.

Your power goal has been exceeded with a similar set of chargers, I'm not sure they're your problem Kipp.

As far as quicker, do you have to keep leaf springs in SS?

My turbine wheel is too small on the primary and the 66 will become a restriction with anything more. Have to keep leafs but traction so far is not an issue.

My turbine wheel is too small on the primary and the 66 will become a restriction with anything more. Have to keep leafs but traction so far is not an issue.

Do you not have the 96/88 turbine wheel?
It just seems like there might be some power being left on the table with the current setup. S366 and S483 has been to 1200+ in compounds, I'm not sure why yours seems to be stuck near 1000hp. Out of curiosity, you are gating the manifold to atmosphere, yes? What boost are you seeing in the interstage pipe?

Last edited:
Right now it's a 87/81 1.25. Thinking about upgrading to the 96/88 1.32 and putting a 467.7 87/81 .9 on top. That or go to a 71 over an 88

I'm not sure why yours seems to be stuck near 1000hp. Out of curiosity, you are gating the manifold to atmosphere, yes?

Well it made 943hp at 3000 rpms cause I ran out of fuel with that one lift pump. It will make more with proper fueling but I'm just over working the chargers.

Well it made 943hp at 3000 rpms cause I ran out of fuel with that one lift pump. It will make more with proper fueling but I'm just over working the chargers.

Forget to plug the second one in? That makes the numbers make a lot more sense.

Haha Yep take a look at the last page. I posted the Dyno graph and the pump unplugged lol. Stupid me

You're the competition so I hate to help you go faster than me, but........ I have to agree with the decision to try the bigger 96/88 turbine wheel matched with whatever housing you choose.

You're the competition so I hate to help you go faster than me, but........ I have to agree with the decision to try the bigger 96/88 turbine wheel matched with whatever housing you choose.

You got anything special this year buddy? We both got our 10s in Bakersfield but that wont cut it to be competitive next year. 9s or BUST! haha

If you go to a 96/88 S400 I have a 1.32 and a 1.1 housing you could borrow to see which runs better for you Tyler

Welp I've made a decision on next season turbo setup and the old compound kit is basically sold already. I will tell you I'll be running a gated Steed Speed manifold but the rest is secret squirrel stuff for now!

Excited about this little gem! Julie hooked it up!

5dbde9a3cc524e720b80dab096594637.jpg

da2a337f2eeebd64e561e5d3fdad4c4a.jpg

ed206497f8d0a60dec5fffc141f80a93.jpg

Back