Budget Beater!

Drums will hold at a stop better. More surface area on the shoes vs disc brakes. Twin discs or a pinion brake will hold better than drums obviously.

I guess that makes sense when you think about it. They haven't been adjusted since 94 either though so maybe I'll tighten them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that makes sense when you think about it. They haven't been adjusted since 94 either though so maybe I'll tighten them up.

Yeah when people started telling me that I was like wait what that can't be right! I'm still switching to disc brakes though.

Yeah when people started telling me that I was like wait what that can't be right! I'm still switching to disc brakes though.

Yeah I am too so I can run a 15" wheel. More tire selections

I currently run 15's on my drums. Just need some backspacing and machine a few cooling fins off.

Nice. Yeah I was thinking about that but I wanna tuck the tires in as gas as possible. Aerodynamics. Haha

That's crazy cause mine only hold 15psi. 18psi max!

I hate to give away all of my secrets, but with upgraded GM 1 ton rear drum wheel cylinders 21mm vs. stock 19mm, I was actually able to hold back the truck at 40 psi!

Around 15-20 psi, it will push through the brakes if the truck is up on jack stands so it does load the rear suspension up over 20 psi, but it will definitely hold.

I knew surface area of drums was more but the apply pressure of disc is greater is why I figured disc was a better option.

I hate to give away all of my secrets, but with upgraded GM 1 ton rear drum wheel cylinders 21mm vs. stock 19mm, I was actually able to hold back the truck at 40 psi!

Around 15-20 psi, it will push through the brakes if the truck is up on jack stands so it does load the rear suspension up over 20 psi, but it will definitely hold.

Is there a certain year to get that fits?

These should do the trick. 5x.024s are a go thanks to Industrial Injection!
yme4upy4.jpg

These should do the trick. 5x.024s are a go thanks to Industrial Injection!
yme4upy4.jpg

I see your 5x.024" bet and raise you one size to 5x.025" on my Junker beast. I've still got nothing to compete with that 13mm pump you're running!!! :rockwoot:

PS, did you scale your truck yet? Curious to hear how much it weighs with the lightweight body panels and such!

Last edited:
Haha oh dang! $hits gettin real!

I haven't weighed it yet. Need to find a good accurate scale.

Been awhile since I've been here but here's a slight update. After doing some diagnostic work on my gauges that were not working I forgot to plug in the other FASS pump at the dyno I went to at US Diesel Parts this last weekend. Boost was turned up to 85-90 psi too and was pulling like a beast until it physically ran out of fuel. Here is the graph of my 943hp run fuel only at only 3200 rpms. You can see on the graph where the engine loses all fuel pressure. I'm still kicking my self in the a$$ over this one. Almost 4 digits. Still managed a first place trophy though.

4y8uresu.jpg

And my stupidness!!! I need to make a check list next time!
3a3a5ytu.jpg

Awesome numbers!! And that sucks! Simple shi$ always gets the best of people.

Back