12-Rail

So I've had some time to do some work on the 12 rail, tomorrow the transmission gets pulled for upgraded TCS Arizona billet input and output shafts in preparation for more horsepower! Wahoo!

Well I'm not that good at taking pictures and actually making a build thread, but the shafts are in!! Rear main tomorrow ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419993024.619315.jpg

yes that is the stock fan shroud. Having trouble with the charging. The harness and ecm I used was a leftover from a cr project and had one of the harness connector cut off and has been trouble as well as a mismatch vin code

Part number for the throttle pedal assembly for 05 and up conversions. On the older 03-04 trucks they still have a cable and can be adapted easier. I used the factory replacement throttle cable for 94-98 12 valves and it worked perfect.

pedal assembly p/n
53032268AE

good to see you back posting Spencer.

Thanks! Someone actually noticed I was absent.

Bad news on the 12 rail, over the two years I was away the trans got fried by some teenagers that my dad hired to help him on the farm. Got it apart last Friday and had to beat the intermediate shaft out of the transmission. The Aluminum support was completely thrashed and essentially welded to the intermediate shaft. The one way rollers under the reverse drum were in pieces and I believe was the root of the failure. Forward pack was destroyed, like, destroyed better than my original trans in my 94....LOL

Luckily I had a spare 47re I am stealing parts from. Right now all that is left is intermediate, converter, all new bearings, all new seals, and all new clutches to come in. Eventually I'm going to buy this truck from my dad and have it as a nice daily driver.

I'll post a picture of some of the carnage from my phone.

Oops

ecf82b8b687369c5aabf067474ff8268.jpg

Big shout out to Will at PDD, they had everything in stock and had parts on my doorstep in just a day or so. Great people to work with!

DPC low stall reman triple disk along with an upgraded flex plate are going in.

Serious question, the ATS valve body and standalone controller have been great as far as being able to make the truck drive and feel like a factory built truck. Heck we even have an A/B calibration for the tow/haul button. However it has never been very consistent. Quite finicky, so my question is, is it worth going to a simple setup such as an ant eater, or getting the ATS dialed in? In the long run I'm going to own the truck, and that sways me to keep the ATS, but on the other hand I hear great things about the ant eater.

Thanks in advance for any help or opinions regarding switching standalone setups.

I hated the ATS setup I used in my Excursion swap, and after the valve body with 15k miles on it started leaking pressure while in neutral and I had to deal with ATS, I refuse to do business with them anymore... Horrible customer support, would not stand behind their product, wouldn't offer any technical support, only sell a replacement valve body (which required a new deep pan and new wiring harness, which they didn't tell me up front). If it was me, I'd go another route...

Back