12-Rail

Its an airdog 150 system, the only thing accomplished by the reroute was to retain the factory return line.

Sweet,

Onto some wiring, I'll try to post photos once Ive got it running correctly and properly here.

Good Job man. I'm in the middle of this swap now. Much slower than ur 3 weeks lol. Did you use the 12V alternator? Was it just plug and play? I was going to try to use the common rail alternator but the tensioner on the lower water neck mount hits the front cover cause the common rail front cover is thinner. Just wondering what you did. The engine was out of this truck when I got it, So the wiring is a big pain because I don't know where anything goes. Thanks for the help.
Bryan

Yes I used the 12 valve alternator, I hard wired the two signal wires into the two signal wires on the truck. It was way simpler than you'd think.

Without having it externally regulated? No charging problems???
Maybe the 1990 alternator is slightly different than yours!

Getting the hydroboost and powersteering lines all plumbed is the last thing on my list. As I've never dealt with it before - it seems like theres a lot of overcomplication with the system.

The 1999 powersteering pump has 2 threaded holes, and 2 hose ends, any idea where those hoses should be directed to?

Regards!
OtherSpence

Without having it externally regulated? No charging problems???
Maybe the 1990 alternator is slightly different than yours!

Getting the hydroboost and powersteering lines all plumbed is the last thing on my list. As I've never dealt with it before - it seems like theres a lot of overcomplication with the system.

The 1999 powersteering pump has 2 threaded holes, and 2 hose ends, any idea where those hoses should be directed to?

Regards!
OtherSpence

The PS pump should only have one threaded hole which goes to the hydro boost first, then to the steering box. It should have two barbed hose ends for returns. One return from steering box and one from hydroboost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erm,

Looks like mine has a random 1/8 NPT threaded hole in the back... Im sure I can just plug it.

Theres one that accepts the powersteering line without much hassle, then the two barbed.

Thanks so much for the advice!

I talked to an engine builder in texas today and he told me that he takes a 12v front plate/cover and puts it on a cr and installs a p7100, uses a 12v cam and I think he said 24v injectors. He says it works beautiful, uses the 06 pcm to control all the gauges. Have you ever heard of this conversion before, I sure want to get one if it is legitimate to go in my 06 3500

Been driving with my accessories running off of the battery.

Still being a noob with the alternator wiring, however I must say everything else is terrific.

It has 11.6 goin to fuel level sensor which is too high and same coming out the sensor ground on both trucks

There are grounds in the harness that if you got too excited removing wires it's likely that you got a few grounds, that's about all I can comment on. Fuel gauge worked perfect before and after the swap

Back