12-Rail

Trans is back in. Parts cost 28 dollars.

asaga7uz.jpg

You can buy it in the craft department at Walmart, it does the same thing, just not sure if its hat he uses. Think it's called krackle paint, comes out white and dries clear.

The blue one would look sick with a few coats of clear coat and wet sanded and buffed.

Last edited:
Definitely not using anything from the craft department. It's my own discovery with a couple cans of paint we had hanging around.

I figured that, but the stuff I was talking about is just a chemical that goes between to layers of paint.

Still think it would be sweet all glossed up and smooth.

Just as a side note to the select shift standalone ATS valve body and tuning. Go into the
LOAD VS. LINE PRESSURE and set all the gears to never go to zero duty cylce. I would highly recommend no less than 30 duty cycle (which is roughly 150-160psi) zero duty cycle is 250+ psi and will break some crap.....

I need to make an amendment, 30 duty cyle is closer to 80-90psi, (at the time I was going off what my dad was describing over the phone from a manual gauge, obviously some miscommunication)

30 duty cycle down to 16 is OK

My dad just called and reported the truck is averaging 18.8 on farm/highway driving. That's really awesome considering how heavy his truck is, loaded with tools and all sorts of things he hauls around on the farm!

fueling on his truck is a set of 215's injectors,no plate, AFC, mods, 4k kit, 18* timing, 7mm delivery valves cut by Will Terry (big blue24)

On a side note, does anyone know if the transmission lever out of a 2008 will bolt onto a 2005 column? Me and my dad have been talking about getting the shifter out of a new truck with the buttons on it. we want to wire it into the PCS and go to true manual shifting when he wants.

Not a whole lot new with the truck, it's still running and we have almost got the transmission tuned perfect. It's amazing how much stronger the motor feels with properly timed up shifts. We get the tuning more and more refined every time I go home for a visit, slowly but surely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking for more information on the engine mounts, I'm doing the exact same swap, I sent you an email.

Im not sure how much more you are looking for since the first page has pictures of them, very very simple. The only thing not mentioned is I had to cut about a 1/4 inch out of both saddles on the frame to compensate for the extra 1/2 inch wider the motor mounts sat.

Did you have to move the cross member at all? Also did u have to have hoses made to hook the truck up to the. 12 valve power steering pump?

Did you have to move the cross member at all? Also did u have to have hoses made to hook the truck up to the. 12 valve power steering pump?

No to both, I bought a hydro boost high pressure hose off a 98 dodge from carquest that requires no modifications whatsoever, and really, you can get any high pressure line from a dodge truck with hydro-boost. The return however will need some adapting and building, but since that isnt high pressure you can get away with hose clamps and generic hose. Yes we still have the factory PS cooler in place.

Looks like the 12-rail will be coming into my possession for a few weeks! That will give me some time to put the TCS Arizona Billet shafts in the transmission, fix some drive pressure problems, fix oil leaks, and clean up the wiring harness. The truck has been running great lately, living life as a farm truck and wowing a few people here and there. The look you get from other cummins drivers is priceless.....LOL

Last edited:
amazing work..

well worth the read... really contemplating this swap (if and when it needs it) for mine if painless makes a kit for it....

Almost ready to test drive mine, just curious how you guys did the lift pump setup?

1990 Cummins, into 2003 2500hd Cummins.
I have a Fass 150lph in my garage, but apparently the VE pumps wont take more than 10psi without blowing up.
Stock 3rd gen lift pumps also apparently will put out far too much.

Other than that I believe Im all good to go!
-Other Spencer

Judging by the reroute for that return line, I'd assume a Fass system or the factory 3rd gen lift pump?

Back