Porting the new Hamilton 12v head.

ur right, the soot will cover the polished areas, but it will still b polished underneath, ( of course). heat will still b reflected into the combustion, area. remember heat is a form of energy, it will try to conduct through the soot than when it gets to the polished area it will have a hard time gettin through.

here is test, take a bolt, cheap cast one, cut through the head whith a torch.

than take the same type of bolt, polish the whole head, round off corners polish the sides of the head too. than try to cut it with that torch on the same setting. ( have both bolts ready before u begin) have both the bolts there, cut the normal one first, than slide over, same setting, and cut the polished one. watch how much longer it takes to cut the polished one..;)

... yes it will b much harder for the soot to build up too, if u add water meth to the equation, it will amplify the gains even more than normal gains on water meath.( heat reflection, water turnin to steam with otherwise wasted heat, than drivin the piston down.)
water expands 1700 timesit's volume when turned to steam..;) all this added pressure will also fire the chargers better too, and keep them reasonably clean.

important in my case as i will b using the vgt turbo, don't want the collar to get too sooted up.

The heads are being finished as we speak They will ship on or around the 20th when the valves are finished being produced. I am expecting a sample on the valves to be finished next week so that the factory can start production.

Zach

The heads are being finished as we speak They will ship on or around the 20th when the valves are finished being produced. I am expecting a sample on the valves to be finished next week so that the factory can start production.

Zach

let us know how some real world results turn out zach. im saving my money now for one..

a lock up similar to a 47 or 48? tell "george" there is the 10k i was talikin about. this is not goin in a truck, car---3800lbs--- there are pleny of guys in the gasser world runnig super chargers on 540's and larger makin 1500hp and 1500 or better tqe! on 400 turbos. trans breakin, puttin these cars on the bumpers past the 60 ft. shiftin at 7000 rpm. that is respectable, so many people told me many times somethin wouldn't work....it did! if we all listen to everyone all the time without question, we would all b germans and there would b no more jews! get the hint!! just because u say it, doesn't make it true ( who ever, no one in particular) i have over 20 years in this game, i am comfortable enough in this subject to say 400 is, no prob... time will tell.
Easy with the name calling unless you're calling me a spelling nazi. Your weight/torque combo is remarkable close to another build around here. I can't think of who... LOL Hughes & Rossler both told me the driveline parts that I break shouldn't break. That's why they recommended the better than promod transmission for my ride. Neither will give me a firm answer as to whether it would hold, but both had doubts.

As I said before, please build your car. We need more people involved and out there. Your contribution is greatly appreciated and I'm ready to understand what works for your combo after you've sent it down the track reliably.

excelent post, sometimes ANY tranny or whatever, that is supposed to work, doesn't. ( the lemons) can't condem all cause a few failed. i had an 03 dodge 3500 biggest piece of chit ever!!!! LEMON! my 99 i still drive, over 700,000 miles on it. eat the meat, spit out the bones on any thing in life, discussions, debates, relatationships...etc. i'll keep u guys informed as my build continues, positive and negitive comments r welcme as long as i am not attacked as i am sure anyone would agree.... ;)

I wasn't aware hughs was doing anything that could hold power. What does Carl have that is meaner than his "promod" turboglide? They are living well behind 4000 HP alcohol twin turbo BBC's. I know they are a bunch lighter. I wasn't aware they had anything better.

Not to argue, but 3 months ago Carl rossler told me his turboglide was the toughest transmission he knew how to build. I was curious if their was something new and what the changes were.

Not to argue, but 3 months ago Carl rossler told me his turboglide was the toughest transmission he knew how to build. I was curious if their was something new and what the changes were.

Ive talked many times to Carl in years past about my projects, I would much rather had ran my First Super Glide that I built for the project over any 3 speed. I found myself bound to the th400 Just for its large factory bellhousing and made it end up working great. But did'nt need nore want a 3 speed. My original tricked out 1.80/1.1 glide would have been the ticket had I been able to get my monstor convertor in front of it.

You know the turboglide can be had as a two or three speed and uses a 400 case. So a 2 spd in a 400 case that will hold your big converter has been available for quite some time

I'm pretty sure I didn't describe something right in that case.

You know the turboglide can be had as a two or three speed and uses a 400 case. So a 2 spd in a 400 case that will hold your big converter has been available for quite some time

This whole deal sounds real cheap to me. LOL Not! Now add the adapter, flex plate, and over drive unit, and drive shaft. I wouldn't want to add that all up. :kick:

First of all, I'm never after what's cheap. If you are, you probably can't afford what you are doing. Secondly, why in the world would u put an overdrive unit in a race vehicle? We are missing each other. I'm talking about race vehicles, not dd. Thirdly, I would like to see how your vette runs with out driveshaft and starts without flexplate? Snout start like a blower car? Lol.

First of all, I'm never after what's cheap. If you are, you probably can't afford what you are doing. Secondly, why in the world would u put an overdrive unit in a race vehicle? We are missing each other. I'm talking about race vehicles, not dd. Thirdly, I would like to see how your vette runs with out driveshaft and starts without flexplate? Snout start like a blower car? Lol.

So none of the fast diesels run OD's?? How about Stuckey with their double OD's?

Maybe it's just because most of us still run our factory style tranny's, or maybe it's because a lot of diesels aren't turning 6K+ RPM....but almost all of them benefit from an OD since we can't get a tall enough rear gear most of the time.

Why are OD's only for daily drivers?
Chris

WTF are you talking about? How it will start without a flex plate? Your freaking hilarious! He was stating that you have to buy all that stuff plus your super bad TH400 glide you want. We have all our stuff and it works. Why would you want an over drive in a race vehicle? LOL If you can't answer that for your self I wouldn't worry about building a "Race" vehicle. Stick with banging your key board.

Last edited:
Back