Porting the new Hamilton 12v head.

So what exactly was the outcome of the trans argument? Stick with the 47/48 in trucks, or swap to 400? I kinda lost track.

a lock up similar to a 47 or 48? tell "george" there is the 10k i was talikin about. this is not goin in a truck, car---3800lbs--- there are pleny of guys in the gasser world runnig super chargers on 540's and larger makin 1500hp and 1500 or better tqe! on 400 turbos. trans breakin, puttin these cars on the bumpers past the 60 ft. shiftin at 7000 rpm. that is respectable, so many people told me many times somethin wouldn't work....it did! if we all listen to everyone all the time without question, we would all b germans and there would b no more jews! get the hint!! just because u say it, doesn't make it true ( who ever, no one in particular) i have over 20 years in this game, i am comfortable enough in this subject to say 400 is, no prob... time will tell.

So Brandon's ~3900lb S10 isn't in the same weight realm as your car? I'll be damned!

Chris

just because u say it, doesn't make it true ( who ever, no one in particular) i have over 20 years in this game,
:hehe::hehe:

You have 20 years at "this game" yet you post pics of your hatchet job/polished hatchet job and fail to answer a question asked about your work..............

Whatever.

...and where is the pics of any of your work?...lol i answered the polishes valve question....as u noticed, lil distracted by haters... the polishing of valves is minuscule as pertaining to changing compression ratio. hatchet job? based on what?? all the magazines u read, and "monkeys" u have watched over the years?? have u ever done any research on air flow?? how it reacts. polishing things as to reflect heat, (remember heat is just a form of energy, it can b reflected just like light!) short turn radius, valve angles, margin thickness, location of seat on the valve, back cut angles,shape of the back of the valve( especially exhaust) combustion chamber design,??? or r u just one of the guys the pumps 100psi of air or more into an engine and hopes for the best.LOL where other people r makin the same hp and tqe with half the boost, and half the strain on the engine! make sure u know what is comin out, b-4 u open ur mouth..;)

Must have been hard to do all that polishing while you are patting yourself on the back with both hands.

Why would you say that to this guy? He's not bragging, he's defending himself. If you agree or disagree you all need to learn to respect other people and their efforts. It's just plain disrespectful.

Why would you say that to this guy? He's not bragging, he's defending himself. If you agree or disagree you all need to learn to respect other people and their efforts. It's just plain disrespectful.

he is shiiting up the thread...

...and where is the pics of any of your work?... make sure u know what is comin out, b-4 u open ur mouth..;)

Reap the word yew sow.....

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

Notice the lack of hatchet marks......

Here's a Viper V-10 head I played with.....

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

Here's a lil CAT manifold I freed up flow on....

IMG_1185.jpg

To get the thread back on Zach's cylinder head- I would love to play with one.......

thanx, that is all i am doin, defending myself! i was attacked, period. with people who THINK they know everything, i am the first to say that i don't. that keeps me always searching for the truth, hence giving me lots of accurate info. if u r referring to the uneven polished marks in the combustion chamber, if u knew anything about how air flows, anything under like 1/32 of an inch or so, has no real effect on air flow. those ripple textures in the chamber, increase REFLECTIVE SURFACE AREA, without adversely effecting air flow! there by increasing the heat being reflected into combustion process, and not being absorbed into the head, (wasted energy if absorbed into head). like a disco ball, more reflective surface area... ;) i don't pat myself on the back, just defend myself, from others pattin their selves on their backs at my expense.

if u knew anything about how air flows, anything under like 1/32 of an inch or so, has no real effect on air flow.

Wrong!!!!! Here I'll take this to a different level- Take a straw and blow through it, then crumple the straw up and blow through it....................:bang

hence giving me lots of accurate info. if u r referring to the uneven polished marks in the combustion chamber, if u knew anything about how air flows, anything under like 1/32 of an inch or so, has no real effect on air flow. those ripple textures in the chamber, increase REFLECTIVE SURFACE AREA, without adversely effecting air flow

Are these "ripples'' duplicated from cylinder to cylinder? No.

Explain how on an engine where there is fuel through a port (i.e. Gasser engine) why is it that a super smooth or polished port has drastic effects on how the fuel is suspended in the port? ? But as your accurate info is told- it doesn't matter that the super smooth surface has no effects on the airflow- then explain why the airflow through this type of port causes the fuel to form larger droplets of fuel when the fuel passing through a ported and left rough port the fuel is finely atomized form?

Your -1/32" doesn't matter theory- has been proven wrong- the entire surface DOES in fact count on how the air passes through. The fact that you have rippled the chit out of the surface area will effect the airflow and the fact that each cylinder is different now means the air entering will have different mannerisms from cylinder to cylinder..........

I'll just sit back and enjoy your expertise in airflow.

WOW!! u just proved your ignorance to everyone on here..lol apples to oranges bud. for the people on here that r familiar with the concept, u just destroyed any credibility u may have had..lol crumpling up a straw is nothing like leaving small ripples in a surface!!...moron.. if u doubt ..look at anything cnc'd like an afr head!! look at all the little parallel lines the bit leaves behind! my "hatchet" marks are not any more definitive than the cnc marks left behind by the cutter....... back to kindergarten grass hopper! stop inhallin the>>>>>

:nos::nos:

I'll tell you what- I have done my own research. If I recieved a cylinder head like the one you pictured- I would plan a trip to the cylinder head guru that did it and slap the chit outta him.......

again moron the texture has nothin to do with the air flow, it has to do whith the fuel droppin out of the air stream hittin the walls and floor of the port, re atomizing, cause of the texture, than burning more efficiently. nothin to do whith the airflow. all to do with fuel reacting to rough port walls..lol the SHAPE of the port has to do with the flow of the air more than anything, port shape and size = flow changes

texture = how fuel is affected ( helping to atomize, increasing surface area of gas in turn vaporizing more efficiently

again "barney" is watin to teach u a lil more...:hehe::hehe:

again moron the texture has nothin to do with the air flow, it has to do whith the fuel droppin out of the air stream hittin the walls and floor of the port, re atomizing, cause of the texture, than burning more efficiently. nothin to do whith the airflow. all to do with fuel reacting to rough port walls..lol the SHAPE of the port has to do with the flow of the air more than anything, port shape and size = flow changes

texture = how fuel is affected ( helping to atomize, increasing surface area of gas in turn vaporizing more efficiently

again "barney" is watin to teach u a lil more...:hehe::hehe:
Your right I'll go knock over the Superflow930 that lied to me.......

Where are the dang Boats & Tacos in this thread! :rules:

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't the taterbuilt intakes actually increase flow when they went to the dimpled metal in the runners? And here's one thing I'd like to ask. Seeing how you polished the valves and everything, I did the same on my head, how will it effect it after you start the engine and make a few passes and it gets covered with soot? I'm guessing it helps keep the soot from sticking as easy.

Back