6.7 dodge or 6.4 ford?

for my curiousity, whats wrong with the GM truck? I test drove all 3 and chose my LMM for a stock, comfortable, nice truck. At the package level I was looking at, the LMM had waaaay more than ford. The package i am speaking of is base line XLT, chevy calls its LT1 meaning all power and cloth seats. When i bought mine....november 07....the LMM was by far the fastest too. Ive seen as high as 21mpg hand calculated with all emissions items in place.

if you want a car the GM trucks are fine :hehe:

i love a cummins, but the body its wrapped in, is well, not up to par.
get the 6.4, best numbers seen so far, 575 fuel only !!!! on 2K worth parts !!
better interior.....
quieter....
COMPOUND TURBOS...
mileage...thats kinda funny, what big hp guy gets great mileage.

What kind of gas mileage are these ford getting with these 310 hp tunes, what level are yall running the truck on for daily driving and what kind of mileage are yall getting.

name your gas mileage and what what tune, i would ready like to know?

If your more worried about interior features and comfort ability, the ford wins hands down. The megacab has more room than the 4 door Ford, but the interior doesnt even come close. Ford puts a much better quality product in their interiors than dodge and have been for awhile now. I had an 07 4 door dodge 2500 and loved it, but the interior was just plane jane. Even the laraime package doesnt do it for me. Much more design and quality in the ford. Plus, you dont want to own a truck from Fiat do you? :hehe:

The megacab has more room than the 4 door Ford, but the interior doesnt even come close. Ford puts a much better quality product in their interiors than dodge and have been for awhile now.

:bang

Ford has almost always had cheap looking interiors IMO. All of them I have ever been in, I thought were not a very nice interior for the money those things go for... Lots of big plastic panels. I like the ford truck alright, but the interior is no better than anything else.

:bang

Ford has almost always had cheap looking interiors IMO. All of them I have ever been in, I thought were not a very nice interior for the money those things go for... Lots of big plastic panels. I like the ford truck alright, but the interior is no better than anything else.

You need to sit in a brand new Ford with the lariat package then go sit in a new dodge with the laraime package. The Ford blows it out of the water, hands down

You need to sit in a brand new Ford with the lariat package then go sit in a new dodge with the laraime package. The Ford blows it out of the water, hands down

Depends on what and how you use it. The Mega rear seats can't be beat, period. The way the bench works is the bomb. Heck, the ride back there isn't bad either! BTW, ever had a flat on a Ford? All the $h!t you got'a dig out just for the jack is a PIA.

On the other hand...Ford did get the fronts right. They wear and ride great. The cushion is MUCH better on the Ford.

Either way, you really can't go wrong. Just buy what YOU want. I'm sure you want an "everything" truck but those don't come from the factory. Find your basic goals and go from there.

Let me know when the medium duty Ford comes out with a Cummins and Allison option! I know you can get it in the heavy duty trucks now... why not the Pick-ups?

I love my 2nd gen dodge but Im not brand loyal... I want the best of all three worlds!!!

shoot i only bought the dodge for the CR Cummins. i wanted to go fast, now that the Ford has a motor thats what i really want. A Black or Red CC/SB 6.4 4x4 with the sport package with painted matching grille and bumpers, and all blacked out with some black 22's on it, a DPF Delete and Spartan 310 Tune. :rockwoot:

Foe-shizzle... Gots to get the bling bling.

i have the latest 275 tune and get 15-17 around the city and up to 20 on the highway it all depends on how you drive it. IF you can keep your foot out of it you get awesome mileage. but even with my foot in it at all times i still get better than when dpf was on. Ive heard the 310 tune is even better mileage. i will be getting that soon along with the tcm upgrade seein how i have a job 1 truck. mine put down 501 and 1019 corrected at weekend on the edge its a little low compared to most 6.4's but elevation hurts me and i dont think he loaded the dyno enough.

transmission control module. spartan makes it and it just a blank tcm and they rewrite your tunes. the job 1 trucks have a faulty tcm so with the 310 tune spartan recommends to use it.

Back