2wd sledpulling

stock tires can hook depending how aggressive they are. A good set of A/T's would be alot better. Basically just get you some tractor weights or some kind of weight and put it as far back in the bed as possible to towards the tail gate. Proabably just keep it in 1st gear aswell. 2nd gear might be too much, but you can try it. Block the rear suspension up solid or 1" of travel if the rules call for it. Traction bars are a plus aswell also get your hitch height as high as they will let you, but if its too high, be sure you brace everything up to keep from bending or breaking your hitch.

OK I want to pull my truck. It is a two wheel drive 4 door dually with an auto trans. My question are : Will stock tires even get the sled to move? How do you drive an auto? Also 2wd Sled Puller did you tie what looked to be water containers down and if so how? That seems a easy way to add weight with very little work. This is just for fun but I dont want to make a total fool of myself.

stock tires can hook depending how aggressive they are. A good set of A/T's would be alot better. Basically just get you some tractor weights or some kind of weight and put it as far back in the bed as possible to towards the tail gate. Proabably just keep it in 1st gear aswell. 2nd gear might be too much, but you can try it. Block the rear suspension up solid or 1" of travel if the rules call for it. Traction bars are a plus aswell also get your hitch height as high as they will let you, but if its too high, be sure you brace everything up to keep from bending or breaking your hitch.
x2
im running ~1300lb of sand bags all the way up to the tailgate.
im pullign 1st 2nd is a 50% step up in gearing. (allision)
i would pull 1st then let it eat.
i have found that the truck preforms better is you buil dboost at the line and rool into the trottle

Back