2wd sledpulling

Think I'm just going to leave mine 2wd and pull some with it. I only plan on pulling at a handfull of pulls anyway so well see how it does.

can't believe we are still talking about 2wd pulling. i might have to bring ny stock dodge to FL for some easy wins.

We are still talking about it because its sounds to good to be true. Its big news i wouldnt be surprise if 10 years down the road every forum has a 2wd sled pulling section

Signature600 said:
He's not that light...the bed was full of weight, and they were allowing him some hitch height everywhere he pulled. I know the guy, and while we're not exactly friends, we are acquaintances...I know what's done to the truck, and for what he's spent, he could have a whole lot more if he knew what he was doing;)

He has a 4x4 now...not sure whether he'll pull it or not?

Personally, a 2wd could be fun but the setup will be a whole lot more critical than on a 4wd.

Chris

the couple times he ran with us he was way under weight, at the Lucasville pull and one other place, the truck is fairly stock for what alot of those guys was running and yes, with a little work it would of done better........didnt something happen to your brown truck a while back??? like blew up or something, i couldnt remember if it was you or someone else from up around your area........and if you ever see caleb maust, tell him logan says hi.....

duramaxin14 said:
We are still talking about it because its sounds to good to be true. Its big news i wouldnt be surprise if 10 years down the road every forum has a 2wd sled pulling section
it will be way less than 10 years, within 2 years......

LOGANSTANFORTH said:
the couple times he ran with us he was way under weight, at the Lucasville pull and one other place, the truck is fairly stock for what alot of those guys was running and yes, with a little work it would of done better........didnt something happen to your brown truck a while back??? like blew up or something, i couldnt remember if it was you or someone else from up around your area........and if you ever see caleb maust, tell him logan says hi.....

I didn't say a it wasn't a good runner, but for what he's spent, he could have a whole lot more;)

Every time I saw him pull, he told us he had the bed full of weights...he should have been wright near 7500.

Yeah, my truck blew the HG...and I haven't gotten it running yet!

Chris

to go along with this what would be better a dully or a truck that is running a like a 22 inch wide nobby tire

97rada said:
to go along with this what would be better a dully or a truck that is running a like a 22 inch wide nobby tire

a single wide tire would be better IMO because you get more force on a larger contact patch, where as with a dually you get 4 smaller contact patches and each one has less force applied to it.

hey dmax14 i just got a truck and i want to pull it, it is a 6.9 ford long bed blat bed stick what kind of tires do you thing would do me good. dually? or a fat 18 inch nobby tire. i am also going to run propane on the thing.

If u run propane pain or nitrous u are pretty much superstreet style truck in there eyes. U will want to run a single tire with a 14.50 contact patch air them down to 25 pounds and put all your weight right over your axle's. I run a 33 bogger thats 14.50 wide.But i have a 500 hp duramax compared to your 150+ hp ford. Run a set of bogger as close to stock that u can with a wide contact patch. I ran 35's on my truck and now have dropped down to 33 inch boggers for are softer tracks and a set of 35 inch procomp mud terrian for harder tracks. The procomps are 315 75 16. On harder tracks i dont need a agressive tire to bite. If u have torsion bars i recommend u drop them as low as possible and put a set of stock tires on the front. Feel free to pm me with any furture questions. Also listen to Dale ( 2wdpuller ) He has tought me almost everything i no. Dale whats going on in washigton??

Last edited:
Just working on my old ford so I can get it out of the shed so we can get the 2wd in anstart toget it together.I.l give you a call this week end.I have been building my walnut dash for the ford I hate wood working.
Forddash.jpg
[/IMG]
Dale

Looks like you got the dash done? I got the stack done Dale, just have to do those lights now....

Will all the parts I gave you going to work for you.
Now I just have to install it in the truck that is a job in its self .
Dale

Back