2wd sledpulling

malibu795 said:
top 4
(1st) Mike Falconer- Mopower05-Dodge .. ..FP---- 223.1
(2nd)Kurt Knarr- Chevy- duramaxin14 260.11 FP 217.0
(3rd)Blake Albritton- Dodge- FP---- 209.4
(4th)Michael Peters- Ford FP---- 176.1
dont know what the first pull's distance was since it isnt posted

he did say the last vid was the pull off.........

If a Ford was in the top 5, then:
A) there was only 5 trucks
B) the rest of the trucks sucked.

bring that 2wd to OH, IN, KY, PA, MI.

joeservo said:

there was a total of 22 trucks in that class

hopefuly i will be home (OH) by xmass 08

Desoto Speedway Bradenton, Florida 12/15/2007

---------------------------1st pull/ 2nd pull/ Pull off

(3rd)Blake Albritton- Dodge- FP/ -----/ 209.4
(2nd)Kurt Knarr- Chevy- 260.11/ FP /217.0
(5th) Randi Greene-MrsTNRGreene- GMC 251.9/ 263.5
(12)Chris Lawson- GMC- 240.3/ 238.9
(7)Frank Hill-Chevy- 237.5/ 256.0
(20)Andrew Minahan- Ford- 66.1/ 164.4
(17)Mike Calabrea- Dodge- 186.10/ 139.11
(18)Tyler Reynolds-Walsh450mx-Chevy 174.9/ 170.5
(13)Josh Foster DODGE 219.8/ 144.1
(4th)Michael Peters- Ford FP/ ----- /176.1
(9)Tim Berta DODGE- 224.6/ 249.2
(21)Ed Griffin Ford 27.6 -------
(1st) Mike Falconer- Mopower05-Dodge FP/ ----/ 223.1
(8)Ryan Raber DODGE- 239.3/ 250.8
(15)Kirby Norman-Chevy- 195.10/ 217.4
(6)Nick Draganov- Chevy- 256.6/ 257.1
(16)Tim King- Ford- 202.3/ 215.1
(10)Jason Deluca- Jasond-Chevy 225.2/ 244.1
(19)Jonathan Wolfe 172.5/ 166.7
(22)Leon Wengard DODGE ----------
(11)Kyle Troyer- Ford -----/ 244.7
(14)Travis Ward- Dodge- 218.4/ 214.5

Hey not to mention when my front end raises the ground omg what happens to my hitch height it drops correct. If u really wanna get technical i am really at 26 inchs of height when i pull. When Mopower gets vidoes posted maybe u will be genes enough to see for yourself

joeservo said:

If u think u got what it takes bring yourself to florida. I have sayed it once i will say it again i have nothing to prove to yall:bang . If u wanna see it for yourself and wanna be in pull offs with me then back your gear and head south. Maybe we can have a good old north vs south

joeservo said:

While you're technically correct, the FL track has nothing on a good clay track, all the trucks pulled on the same surface. There wasn't a brand advantage that way.

For the record, there was a 2wd that followed the OH pulling circuit this year. I watched in London, OH event where he pulled with the rest of the 4x4s in both the 2.5" and super classes. He placed in each class. I'll see if I can find the video if you'd like.

Joe farmer think u. Do u think if i was on a GOOD HARD CLAY TRACK i may have pulled better then on a MUDDY SANDY TRACK??

joefarmer said:
For the record, there was a 2wd that followed the OH pulling circuit this year. I watched in London, OH event where he pulled with the rest of the 4x4s in both the 2.5" and super classes. He placed in each class. I'll see if I can find the video if you'd like.
i would like to see for ****s and giggles

i seen him pull about 15 times last year......good running CR dodge......and just think, he is light, on skinny tires and is 2wd, once he gets it set where it needs to be, it will be even MORE competitive....

First off, I'm NOT a sled puller. However, I've pulled OH/IN before and I'm at a Holiday Inn Express right now. ;)

On a clay track I don't think you would have gotten as far even if you had the truck setup to transfer weight perfectly. The 2wd up here was a CR Dodge. I think is name was Kevin. But anyway, his pulls mostly ended from 170-230' on a full 310' track. The top 4x4 pullers went full pull- BigBlackDmax, who also pulled when we were in FL in Jan07, went 317' on the same track.

IMHO, it's a little pointless to pull with a 2wd unless you're purely pulling for fun. Kinda like using a cat to drive a nail in- a hammer would work better.

duramaxin14 said:
Joe farmer think u. Do u think if i was on a GOOD HARD CLAY TRACK i may have pulled better then on a MUDDY SANDY TRACK??

Well, with the HP you have, there's no way you're going to be in 2nd gear, unless you're spinning the living daylights out of 'em.

Heck, 1st high is a big gear, a nice split between 3rd low and 4th low. But it will burn down even a built tranny in 4x4, so like I said, you better be spinning 'em.

2nd high is a ridiculous gear.

FWIW, the datalogger showed ~33-35mph on the FL track (4th lo-range, IIRC). They fight the loose sand for traction unlike a good clay track. There really isn't a good comparison between tracks.

Well let me just say this and im done. Yall sayed i would never break 13's on a stock ally 5speed and i did. Not high 13's but mid 13's Yall sayed i wont make 12's on stock turbo and 2wd i havent done it yet but i will make sure i prove yall wrong on that also. Whats going to be the excuse on that when i do. Yall sayed a 2wd will never compete or even finish in top ten with 4x4's Well hey i proved yall wrong there. It dont matter what hitch heigth im running. U can lift your to 31inchs of hitch height i bet u are going to break something if u do. So why i am here proving you guys wrong yall keep builting excuses. I cant wait to see what the excuse is going to be when ( 2wdpuller ) Builts his truck it should get good

If I remember correctly I posted before in this thread that I do not need any ya-buts, gimmies, or handycapps. If I build a 2wd diesel 2.5 or 2.8/3.0 or any class for that matter, I garrantee I will finish in the top 10 once all the bugs are worked out and everything is fine tuned. You guys may call that a Ya-but or a gimme, but every one knows a freshy built truck will probably have problems and need some track time before everything is right. Heck if I could get enough sponcers for the cause, I would go out and buy a 2wd build it for what every class you guys prefer and still give you a run for your money. Thats with everything built to the exact same rules and go across the country to as many of the pulls that are around the the non-believers in this thread, just to prove that it can be as competitive as a 4wd. So if there is any takers to this little call out, then feel free to let me know if you want to help in this.

duramaxin14 said:
Well let me just say this and im done. Yall sayed i would never break 13's on a stock ally 5speed and i did. Not high 13's but mid 13's Yall sayed i wont make 12's on stock turbo and 2wd i havent done it yet but i will make sure i prove yall wrong on that also. Whats going to be the excuse on that when i do. Yall sayed a 2wd will never compete or even finish in top ten with 4x4's Well hey i proved yall wrong there. It dont matter what hitch heigth im running. U can lift your to 31inchs of hitch height i bet u are going to break something if u do. So why i am here proving you guys wrong yall keep builting excuses. I cant wait to see what the excuse is going to be when ( 2wdpuller ) Builts his truck it should get good

The reason everyone is ragging you is because you have no "frame of reference". No one will give you respect until you strut your chit at a national event. So show up to SDX, or IRP (or whatever they are calling it this year) or any other "National" caliber event and win or place there, then and only then will you be able to run your suck about proving anyone wrong. Simple as that. BTW, I remind you that you are posting in the sled pulling forum, and 99.9% of the people here including myself don't give a rats ass about your quarter mile times. Maybe them fellers over in the Drag racing forum do.

-Tom

Tcolesanti said:
The reason everyone is ragging you is because you have no "frame of reference". No one will give you respect until you strut your chit at a national event. So show up to SDX, or IRP (or whatever they are calling it this year) or any other "National" caliber event and win or place there, then and only then will you be able to run your suck about proving anyone wrong. Simple as that. BTW, I remind you that you are posting in the sled pulling forum, and 99.9% of the people here including myself don't give a rats ass about your quarter mile times. Maybe them fellers over in the Drag racing forum do.

-Tom

I tell u what if yall get together and come up with a collection and get me enought money to come to one of these big events i will be there. But hey im just a advarge american trying to live life 1 day at a time. The offer is on everyone eles we have already told Nwpaddmax to make his way to florida same as bobo and iwoa lly

duramaxin14 said:
I tell u what if yall get together and come up with a collection and get me enought money to come to one of these big events i will be there. But hey im just a advarge american trying to live life 1 day at a time. The offer is on everyone eles we have already told Nwpaddmax to make his way to florida same as bobo and iwoa lly

hey read this jack

NADM says NO to 2wd sled pulling

The Work Stock (WS) class is designed for daily-driven, on-the-road pickup trucks (full-bodied diesel pickup trucks). Valid DOT registration and license plates are mandatory. The vehicle must be four-wheel drive.

Back