2wd sledpulling

Tcolesanti said:
The reason everyone is ragging you is because you have no "frame of reference". No one will give you respect until you strut your chit at a national event. So show up to SDX, or IRP (or whatever they are calling it this year) or any other "National" caliber event and win or place there, then and only then will you be able to run your suck about proving anyone wrong. Simple as that. BTW, I remind you that you are posting in the sled pulling forum, and 99.9% of the people here including myself don't give a rats ass about your quarter mile times. Maybe them fellers over in the Drag racing forum do.

-Tom
hell tom if the sactioning bodies would let a 2wd in the lower power class you might get to see one... along with the rest of the forums

the 2wd MOD get a 30" hitch just pass it down to the lower classes....... pretty simple and common sense

*bdh* Well As bad as I hate to. im gona throw my $.02 worth in here. Just Like Kino-Fab, ive lived around here (South Central Ky) and have saw many a 2wd, From Mini trucks, up to the 5800lb 2wd. I also run tractors and have since i have been big enough to drive em. Sled pullin is all about weight transfer, balence & traction. I know the tractor world is Diffrent as well as the gasser world. I already know that, but Every class no matter what comes down to the same concept, the ability to Pull & HAVE FUN!!!
I have been pullin since I was 8 years old, not sayin I know it all because I dont, but around here it is a family sport and to me when the fun is gone thats when Ill hang it up... All it takes is a little ingenuity and some work and you can make anything be competive, wheather it be 4x4 or 2x4.
Id love to see a 2wd diesel class get more popular around here, then Id run my ol dodge a little more...:thankyou2:

malibu795 said:
hell tom if the sactioning bodies would let a 2wd in the lower power class you might get to see one... along with the rest of the forums

the 2wd MOD get a 30" hitch just pass it down to the lower classes....... pretty simple and common sense

Where are you coming up with this "lower power class"?

-Tom

Tcolesanti said:
Where are you coming up with this "lower power class"?

-Tom
is a WS, 2.6, 2.8 going to make the powe to compete with a unlimited single/triple compound turbo?

hense the "lower power class" compared to a MOD class

I really think you guys will be in for a rude awakening if you pull with a 2wd in any class that allows 4wd trucks.

-Tom

well so far only one truck is doing it.... with desent results....

most likely mine wont be there @ famoso..... i am going to try and make it there in person tho

Just got back from the pulls tonight first pull full pull my 3rd arm broke and messed my hitch height up but i still got the grochery to the other end. Second pull of the night not so lucky when the boggers finally grab hold my driveshaft sayed good night. After my shaft broke i had so much ground speed i still pulled another 15 feet or so. My ass end was planted and she was liking it. Malibu i got some new tricks for u now with 2wd sled pulling give me a pm and i will share my info

all right, carnage, its no big deal really, thats what pullings about......looks like its time for 1410's.....

duramaxin14 said:
Just got back from the pulls tonight first pull full pull my 3rd arm broke and messed my hitch height up but i still got the grochery to the other end. Second pull of the night not so lucky when the boggers finally grab hold my driveshaft sayed good night. After my shaft broke i had so much ground speed i still pulled another 15 feet or so. My ass end was planted and she was liking it. Malibu i got some new tricks for u now with 2wd sled pulling give me a pm and i will share my info
Any video? I love watching that stuff....:evil

Glad you didn,t break anything big give me a ring when you get the vidios up
Dale

duramaxin14 said:

Ill hit you up.......

I have all the stuff to convert mine to 4x4 but still may leave it a 2wd and build another. Very nice pull by the way.

LOGANSTANFORTH said:
i seen him pull about 15 times last year......good running CR dodge......and just think, he is light, on skinny tires and is 2wd, once he gets it set where it needs to be, it will be even MORE competitive....

He's not that light...the bed was full of weight, and they were allowing him some hitch height everywhere he pulled. I know the guy, and while we're not exactly friends, we are acquaintances...I know what's done to the truck, and for what he's spent, he could have a whole lot more if he knew what he was doing;)

He has a 4x4 now...not sure whether he'll pull it or not?

Personally, a 2wd could be fun but the setup will be a whole lot more critical than on a 4wd.

Chris

Back