Rules for 2010 pulling season

cummins724

BREAKING $HIT
Our local pulling association is having a meeting this tuesday & asked pullers to make up a set of rules for discussion. Can you guys give advice or post a set of rules up which you like to follow. Thanks

Also, please give your opinion on adjusting hitch height for turbo size rule...Does it work?
Example...
stock charger 26" hitch
2.5 charger- 24" hitch
2.6 charger -22" hitch height

Contact NADM and ask permission to adapt their diesel truck rules. Different hitch height just makes it more confusing, make all the truck classes the same, that is why the sled has gears.

The more you can do to make tech easier and faster, the more trucks get to pull, the less *****ing there is among the pullers, the larger the crowd will be. The crowd is what make the event worth while. $.02

just curious but why would you want to change the hitch height?
I am just weighing options trying to see what is working for everyone else. I am not looking at changing anything, just attending the meeting & want my ducks in a row.
Contact NADM and ask permission to adapt their diesel truck rules. Different hitch height just makes it more confusing, make all the truck classes the same, that is why the sled has gears.

The more you can do to make tech easier and faster, the more trucks get to pull, the less *****ing there is among the pullers, the larger the crowd will be. The crowd is what make the event worth while. $.02

Good point. I'll check out the NADM rules.

1. Should stepped covers be allowed in Hot Street 2.6?
2. How about bushings?
3. Suspension blocks....1"or 2" rule? [I think 2" breaks stuff]

1. Should stepped covers be allowed in Hot Street 2.6?
2. How about bushings?
3. Suspension blocks....1"or 2" rule? [I think 2" breaks stuff]

No offense Jamie but I think its people that dont have a clue how to set up their truck that breaks stuff.

I myself think there should b a stock appearing turbo class a 2.5 or 2.6 class
and an open class that would b the simplest. let the stock appearing have
1 or 2 in travel and let the other to b solid

another question is traction bars i think they should be allowed no matter
what class its in. its not like they give u any more hp. i no i dont like
breaking things . so if there allowed than ther woulnt b an issue with having
to pull the next class up just because of that. but thats just my .02

That hitch height thing got started with Power Pulling Productions as a way to be all-inclusive. Kevin (mech2161) worked with them on it and I have no idea how it worked out.

Once again, it seems retarded to be making up even more rules. If y'all want trucks, go NADM WS or 2.6 and call it a day.

Don't be a part of keeping this rule madness alive and well. Kill it!

No offense Jamie but I think its people that dont have a clue how to set up their truck that breaks stuff.
Very true!

That hitch height thing got started with Power Pulling Productions as a way to be all-inclusive. Kevin (mech2161) worked with them on it and I have no idea how it worked out.

Once again, it seems retarded to be making up even more rules. If y'all want trucks, go NADM WS or 2.6 and call it a day.

Don't be a part of keeping this rule madness alive and well. Kill it!

Very well said Mat, Im not a fan of the 1 class, adjust stuff to make everyone fit. Maybe for fairs that have a limited time table to get the pull done but for a straight up pull have classes with rules that are inforced where the guys build their trucks for the given rules! There are a decent set of rules inplace in this area, that westmorelan should adopt, They are made inline with 09 nadm and FPP rules.

Bars dont add power but traction they do. If a guy has bars on his rig he must be trying to plant some kinda power to the ground. It makes a more level playing feild for a class where the cheaters like to hide! <500hp trucks should not breaking stuff unless stupitidy is involved!

No offense taken, I agree with that statement. Everyone tries to make the rules fit thier personal likings. My truck hops like a rabbit when I run 26" hitch & 2" travel with low pressure. I followed your advice & bumped up to 60psi this year & the hop went away. After my clutch went bad & Peter told me that it may have been causing my hop, I dropped to 30psi in the rear. My truck hopped again at 30psi down at Mercer. I like the solid suspension rule myself, never hopped at 1" travel.

I myself think there should b a stock appearing turbo class a 2.5 or 2.6 class
and an open class that would b the simplest. let the stock appearing have
1 or 2 in travel and let the other to b solid

I agree with you 100%.

Back