Rules for 2010 pulling season

Bars dont add power but traction they do. If a guy has bars on his rig he must be trying to plant some kinda power to the ground. It makes a more level playing feild for a class where the cheaters like to hide! <500hp trucks should not breaking stuff unless stupitidy is involved!

You don't need lots of power to have axle wrap. Stock trucks will wrap an axle. And yes, < 500hp trucks break plenty of parts, if not more.

No offense Jamie but I think its people that dont have a clue how to set up their truck that breaks stuff.

T. J., I understand your thinking, but can you hook your truck with no hanging weight, and not hop on the track? A lot of Dodge guys up this way would like to know how.

I think traction bars are good in all class. My truck is a regular cab and has never hoped and i have hooked around 50 times and i cant hang weight or run traction bars or run stops.

N.A.D.M. rules are good just follow them. blocked suspension and hang weight

Yeah, I'm gonna check them out now. Only rules that I would like to change is to allow solid suspensions, bars in all classes. Also, I want to have 3 classes as cjreckart suggested [Work stock, 2.6 & open] Those are the only suggestions that I have, other than the payout sucks!

T. J., I understand your thinking, but can you hook your truck with no hanging weight, and not hop on the track? A lot of Dodge guys up this way would like to know how.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyOT_Jv9OhM[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huvWRVAHERM[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQmn9HfYNR4[/MEDIA]

My truck hopped like crazy in Mercer. I tried dropping my tires down that run & it didn't work out to well. Other than that, I haven't hopped since bumping the rears up to 60psi as TJ suggested early last season. Thanks for getting the video by the way Dale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbBy-Nm6snw

The rule is:
stock charger 8k 26"
2.6 8k 24"
2.8 7800 22"

PPP has a limited number of events and not all classes could pull at every event. To keep everyone happy with more hooks they decided to pull everyone at every event. Do you want to pull or not? Are you going to get rich if you win?

Could the rule use some adjustments, yes. Did it work, I think it did.

If you allow bars in the stock turbo class you will hear more cry babies than you ever had in the past. Who is going to be able to tell if a DMax has a Cheetah turbo? Let that guy have traction bars and you'll see what happens.

Have Westmorland adopt the rules of Listie and Smithton. This will have most of the local events with the same rules.

The rule is:
stock charger 8k 26"
2.6 8k 24"
2.8 7800 22"

PPP has a limited number of events and not all classes could pull at every event. To keep everyone happy with more hooks they decided to pull everyone at every event. Do you want to pull or not? Are you going to get rich if you win?

If you allow bars in the stock turbo class you will hear more cry babies than you ever had in the past. Who is going to be able to tell if a DMax has a Cheetah turbo? Let that guy have traction bars and you'll see what happens.

Good point Kevin!

The rule is:
stock charger 8k 26"
2.6 8k 24"
2.8 7800 22"

Have Westmorland adopt the rules of Listie and Smithton. This will have most of the local events with the same rules.

Thanks Kevin. Thats why I started this thread, to see what works & what doesn't. :Cheer:

you could lose some of those rules. like the exhaust and drive shaft rules. i just like having a solid suspension and hanging weight, but that is probably because my truck runs better like that,hah

Are you talkin about anyone specific, Dale.:hehe: Its only the QCSB that seem to have the most trouble with bounce. But adding weight to the front changes everything.:rockwoot:

sometimes track is not perfect and u get hop on certain track I think traction bars could save some driveshafts even on stock trucks. just my 2 cents

Those are too strict for the pulls out here. We'd lose half of the pullers.:hehe:

Truckpulls.com View topic - 2.6 Street Diesel

Look at it the other way, you may lose some of your local folks, but may bring in some bigger guns from elsewhere. The guys set up to run NADM probably aren't going to join you with those odd all-inclusive rules.

So I guess it's just down to, which crowd do you want.

There's a lot of whiners on truckpulls.com, BTW :hehe:

Bars should be allowed in WS For safty reasons! WS doesnt have driveshaft loops/ujoint protection. Without bars, you will more likely break a rear ujoint and could through pieces of ujoint in the crowd!!! Safty Firt!!!

that was kinda my point also with the bars you dont need a lot of hp to break things and axle wrap causes alot of breakage. and the other thing is no bushings or step covers but then again thats just my .02

The rule is:
stock charger 8k 26"
2.6 8k 24"
2.8 7800 22"

I kind of like this idea. I am curious how well it will work. We could use it around here if it worked well.

Shouldn't have to worry about stepped covers because everyone could pull the same class with different turbos.

i think there should be a 2.8 class... i like listies rules stock 2.6 2.8 and open. i agree 2.6 should be able to hang weight... also is 2.8 aloud to have fuel cells?

Back