Confirmed by TS Performance

lol, as the guy who has probably made as many passes as anyone with a diesel with a "race only" trans, I really don't think they would be much of an ad advantage beyond qualifying. As much as I like the Danco, how many people have seen one make 4 great passes in a row? But for the intent of the class I think they should remain banned. However, many street diesels have other OEM transmissions than what came in the truck. If it was available in a diesel pickup as OEM then it should be allowed. In other words, leave the damn rules alone and let the class gain some momentum!!!

How many people drive a Danco on the street. This will kill the class and in no way promote it. The average guy who wants to race his daily driver will not have a chance. A torque converter is like another limit. It will only take so much until it starts to fail.

I am not trying to be the bad guy I just hate to see it turn into pro street
I agree with SlowGo, I feel like anything other than an OEM trans (not specifically the trans that came in the truck, but an OEM trans none the less)belongs in Pro Street.

Jeff and Gary, congrats on the success of the race. Wish I could have been there!

I like this class. I've been waiting for the sport to grow enough to have a spec'ed class like this. I think it's a nice fit between existing classes and I wouldn't change it.

Pro Street was supposed to be a street class. We all see what it is now.

Quick Diesel was supposed to be a class for fast daily drivers with limits so no cage was required.

Bracket was for everyone else.

One thing I can say for sure is that from the beginning everyone is always wanting rules changed or modified. Solid unchanging rules will help the class grow. At this point, I also believe OEM tranny's should be required.

Great job guys! :Cheer:

I have to agree with Mr. Dunbar as well, OEM all the way, keeps the class accessible to everyone.

I personally think a backhalf 2WD CR truck is the ticket for this class, but I've been wrong before!

like this? and yes it's CR ....

back_half_1.JPG

im thinking it will be good as well. you can drive it.

Aftermarket transmissions will be allowed. I have used both, at the hp level the 2.6 trucks are at I would recommend to pick which one you want and go with it. Looks like to me the converters are holding fine. If I don't allow the Danco then how can I allow the ToqueFlight? Same principle......I don't see a problem with the Torque Flight either.

Aftermarket transmissions will be allowed. I have used both, at the hp level the 2.6 trucks are at I would recommend to pick which one you want and go with it. Looks like to me the converters are holding fine. If I don't allow the Danco then how can I allow the ToqueFlight? Same principle......I don't see a problem with the Torque Flight either.

That doesnt really make sense. The Torque Flight is an OEM tranny, unless I'm missing something.

Point is.....None of the transmission involved will give you an advantage over the other. They are all good choices. You still have to breather through a 2.6 turbo with no injectables.

I know practically nothing about a clutch setup in drag racing, but I do know there will be a lot less power lost through the clutch than a TC, so that kinda makes the playing field uneven. Oh well, who cares. We'll be there whether we have a chance in hell or not.

I know practically nothing about a clutch setup in drag racing, but I do know there will be a lot less power lost through the clutch than a TC, so that kinda makes the playing field uneven. Oh well, who cares. We'll be there whether we have a chance in hell or not.

Yes and no, the Danco will do about the same as a stock style auto in that it is not locked but slipping through 1st gear. By the time it is fully engaged you are into 2cnd gear, at which point your OEM style will be locked up as well.

Something else to keep in mind, the Danco introduces more human error into the equation, so it might not be the end all, be all.

Just my $.02 on a subject I merely get to watch and not participate in.

I'm thinking the same thing. I have a 72 Chevy K30 we are going to try to run in this at TS. To keep it cheaper I'm going to go with a 5 speed and a triple disc. It may not be the fastest, but it'll be there. (With any luck) LOL

Dennis I disagree this class was intended to be an affordable class. The 2.6 rules already made it tougher, throwing the transmission options will make it un obtainable. And if they didn't give some something to the mix they would not be in business. Just my feelings, it is your race.

How many people drive a Danco on the street. This will kill the class and in no way promote it. The average guy who wants to race his daily driver will not have a chance. A torque converter is like another limit. It will only take so much until it starts to fail.

I am not trying to be the bad guy I just hate to see it turn into pro street

X2...No Danco's or Lenco's. That will flat out ruin it.

Jeff and Gary, congrats on the success of the race. Wish I could have been there!

I like this class. I've been waiting for the sport to grow enough to have a spec'ed class like this. I think it's a nice fit between existing classes and I wouldn't change it.

Pro Street was supposed to be a street class. We all see what it is now.

Quick Diesel was supposed to be a class for fast daily drivers with limits so no cage was required.

Bracket was for everyone else.

One thing I can say for sure is that from the beginning everyone is always wanting rules changed or modified. Solid unchanging rules will help the class grow. At this point, I also believe OEM tranny's should be required.

Great job guys! :Cheer:

^agreed I am very interested in this class after seeing that these trucks can do down in fl.

bobby

Hello!

lol, as the guy who has probably made as many passes as anyone with a diesel with a "race only" trans, I really don't think they would be much of an ad advantage beyond qualifying. As much as I like the Danco, how many people have seen one make 4 great passes in a row? But for the intent of the class I think they should remain banned. However, many street diesels have other OEM transmissions than what came in the truck. If it was available in a diesel pickup as OEM then it should be allowed. In other words, leave the damn rules alone and let the class gain some momentum!!!

I agree with SlowGo, I feel like anything other than an OEM trans (not specifically the trans that came in the truck, but an OEM trans none the less)belongs in Pro Street.

I have to agree with Mr. Dunbar as well, OEM all the way, keeps the class accessible to everyone.

That doesnt really make sense. The Torque Flight is an OEM tranny, unless I'm missing something.

Dennis I disagree this class was intended to be an affordable class. The 2.6 rules already made it tougher, throwing the transmission options will make it un obtainable. And if they didn't give some something to the mix they would not be in business. Just my feelings, it is your race.

Hello Again!

X1000000

I don't get it!?

If your saying Danco's , Lenco's , aftermarket tranny's will have NO advantage, Then why in the Heck allow them???

And if they are supposedly NOT going to have an advantage, WTF are companies making them for and why are they so much more expensive??

I'm not trying to make enemies here, but Jeff Garmon / Gary Ray came up with this idea for an old school semi affordable class. Thinking of the average Joe that wants to go heads up racing and have a shot to win!... I see it as almost Disrespect to them to take it and change it Right after the first race!

Only time will tell I guess, but I am asking, if not pleading for these rules to stay as close to what Jeff / Gary made them...For the Good of the sport and the Great folks that have already spent money, built trucks, and shown up to race!

But what do I know.. I just blow chit up and have no clout what so ever in this sport.. And I dang sure can't afford to even race this class, So I guess I'll keep my Doughnut Hole Shut!! (After this rant Of course!!! LOL )

Please let this be about the racers! Not Wallets and Ego's!!

David

Last edited:
Point is.....None of the transmission involved will give you an advantage over the other. They are all good choices. You still have to breather through a 2.6 turbo with no injectables.

Leave it the f*ck alone...YOU personally will ruin this class if you make it for rail dragsters to add some weight and slap a 2.6 charger on there, I'm sure you don't care if you pop a charger every pass but that's not what this class is about. Hell, I have came to the realization that I am going to build my truck to run 10.50's on spray and if there is a class for me great, if not so be it...

I don't know that much about danco's and I really don't care. I wanna race and that's what I'll do. I will say that there will be people that you claim you wanna attract that will see that and say HELL NO! only because they don't know. Do what you want, but the turbo rule in the last race, honestly scared some people off when it shouldn't have. Now they know, and you will see a bigger turnout. I feel like this is being taken in the wrong direction, but this is my opinion, and that's all. $.02

I am thinking at this point that the 2.6 SuperStock is going to be a pain in my ass to help grow. I am thinking this is not something I want to deal with at TS this year. I'll give this some thought but until further notice I will NOT be adding this class to this years event!

Back