Confirmed by TS Performance

I am thinking at this point that the 2.6 SuperStock is going to be a pain in my ass to help grow. I am thinking this is not something I want to deal with at TS this year. I'll give this some thought but until further notice I will NOT be adding this class to this years event!

Seriously? Just because nobody else wants to allow the danco except you your going to cancel the class?

There is not reason to get pissy about it. If you let the rules remain the same as the Florida race then it would grow. That's what we are trying to tell you. I came off a little rude so I apologize but it is irritating because I see this going down the same road as 2.6 pulling with rule changes after every event. It would have been nice for you to have been there and seen in person how exciting this class was with the rules set up how they were. Instead you watch how it turns out online and say meh.....I want Lenco's and I don't care what anyone else thinks. That is not how you get a class to grow my friend, and I think we all know that....
Michael was even talking about the weight that they would have to add to Dirtymax to get it to run in this class with their Lenco. No offense to Michael or that truck but do you really want this class to have those kind of trucks in there? We know that it is crossing their minds about running so why would you go and ruin a great thing for this industry?
Use some common sense and think about what trucks would be slapping on some weight and a 2.6 charger to win some money...

the race as is kicked ass for me...close enuff to a stk truck that i was thoroughly impressed by the numbers...the entire truck looked pretty stock for the most part...what a super stock race should be....aint no lencos in nhra super stock

has anyone noticed jeff or gary havent posted **** in any of these threads??

Seriously? Just because nobody else wants to allow the danco except you your going to cancel the class?

I am not evening entering to race in this class. However I do have two transmission companies that do. It is not fair to exclude one from the group, I have never done things in that manner nor will I start.

Last edited:
This is a 6000lb single 2.6 turbo with no injectables class. It doesn't matter at this point what you put the motor in. Nor does it matter what kinda transmission you run, you still have to breathe through the same hole. Make weight, be safety legal and come race!

C'mon Dennis - you're bigger than that... you're the boss, so folks can decide whether to play in your house by your rules or not - no reason to not include Super Stock in TSX. :badidea:

Whatever the rules' finer points end up being, you can bet the Super Stock class will grow faster if there's more events to run it in.

x2 on needing more events to let the class grow naturally. FWIW - I think the trans setup we have in DirtyMax would be a VERY SMALL advantage. We still have a converter for torque multiplication, but also lockup for the top end, combined with a high-efficiency and durable transmission. Only the last part is any different than an OEM trans - it is higher efficiency (less losses in the geartrain) and more durable. The precise shifting can be obtained with an OEM trans and a standalone trans controller.

As I mentioned before, I think the Danco could probably make some good qualifying passes but would be just too hard to launch consistently.

The biggest thing I would like to see is to keep the rules stable for at least a few races to allow the class to grow. Even people who had issues that kept them from attending were already building their trucks around the specified rules. I personally don't think the Danco & Lenco transmissions would be much if any advantage, but since the rules already forbid them then let's leave them as is.

link to the danco trans thing y..i know lencos already..is it an auto with a clutch??

anyone run a crt billet powerglide

C'mon Dennis - you're bigger than that... you're the boss, so folks can decide whether to play in your house by your rules or not - no reason to not include Super Stock in TSX. :badidea:

Whatever the rules' finer points end up being, you can bet the Super Stock class will grow faster if there's more events to run it in.

You're right! I spoke prematurely about not having the 2.6 class. I just spoke to Aaron Nick and he said he would race no matter what. I am going to have the Super Stock class at TSX. I am allowing the Danco and other than that the rules will stay the same. I am getting ready to get on a plane so I will post up the rules under the TS rules section. Good luck to all racers!

As I understand it a Danco is a modern Dodge trans (not sure which flavor they use between 47RE, 48RE, etc), with the bellhousing machined off and replaced with a clutch. You can hold the brakes (either by foot or with a 4-wheel line lock), then manipulate the throttle and clutch to load the engine and build boost, then launch by releasing the clutch. It looks like a VERY tough thing to do for the driver, as there is a fine line between getting a decent launch and snuffing it out. Don't forget that a torque converter is actually a torque multiplier, so a clutch is a disadvantage in that respect. The only real advantage I could see in this class is possibly being easier to get the 2.6 charger lit.

The funniest part about this whole deal is, most of the people complaining...Have no dog in the fight.

The funniest part about this whole deal is, most of the people complaining...Have no dog in the fight.

I agree and called myself out for it earlier..

But as a "Future" racer (when I hit the lotto..lol ) and for the other future racers in the Super Stock class, I think I / we were trying to get things straight for the future of this class.

But FTR... Jeff / Gary do Not have any plans to allow Danco's / Lenco's at the (Hopefully now) Annual Super Stock Race in Bradenton FL or other locations that they host their races..

If Jeff or Gary cave on me later..... Well, then I'll be the Idiot and take ALL the blame for what I just posted...

Last edited:
Every Village needs an Idiot.

I understand what all of you are saying, but I don't see the Danco as an advantage here. So much room for Human error it's ridiculous.

Back